More details coming soon, but Rory's 1st Christmas was great, but the day after, not so much. Half of the family, including 2 of the 4 adults at our house at the time, came down with the stomach flu. Not fun at all with a 14 day old baby...yeah, no stress. More details later, Miss Priss is fussing! Here is a pic to hold you over!!!!!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Posted by Lauren at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Rory had her pediatrician appt today. She is doing well. She weighs 5 lbs and 13 oz and is doing just perfect. We are really enjoying her, even from 1am to 4am when she is up screaming because of gas.
Posted by Lauren at 6:43 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Here are some more pictures of Rory. She is changing so much every day, but is such a good baby. This is at the hospital before she had her picture made. PS: she is ADDICTED to the pacifier. Hey, it was either give her the pacifier or she was going to suck her thumb, I'd rather her have a pacifier. These 2 are clearly taken with each other. It takes my breath away to watch the two of them together. I had to include this picture of her little legs and feet.Brock and Davis were SO excited to see and hold her. These 3 are going to get into a lot of messes together. They are such cute boys! Well, that is it for today. We got home yesterday at about 9:30a and all 3 Humphreys spent the rest of the day relaxing and settling in. I will disclose more about her actual delivery later...I have to go...Queen Bee needs to be fed. Thanks guys and I can't wait for you guys to meet her! If you are in the area, give us a call, we would love to see you!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Here are 2 pics of Rory. We are having trouble connecting to the internet here from the hospital, but maybe these will tie you over until we can get home and get some better pics up. She looks completely different already. I haven't gotten any pics of her today, but rest assured, they are coming! Thank you EVERYONE for the well wishes and prayers, we are so blessed and in complete awe that we were chosen as her parents. Our cup runneth over!
Friday, December 12, 2008
First of all thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We had little Rory at 2:31pm and she weighted in at 6 lb 1 oz and was 2oin. We will post pictures very soon. Lauren and Rory are both doing well, we will hopefully get to leave the hospital on Sunday. Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 7:06 PM
I wanted to let everyone know we are doing good. It is just past 1am on the 12th and Lauren's water has already broken. She is progressing very well in the delivery. She is doing a great job and being very brave and strong. Please keep us still in your prayers and I will keep you guys updated as best I can. We are in Room #323 at St. Vincents. Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 1:04 AM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
FYI: We have to be at the hospital at 8pm on Thursday 12-11 to be induced. Ms. Bee should be making her grand entrance sometime on Friday. I will update as I have updates. Your prayers are appreciated!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
OK, so we will be covering a few topics in this post...since I am such a slacker in blogging lately. First of all, no baby yet....so keep waiting for that post.
- Baby shower.
- The baby shower was SO much fun. It was SO great to get to see everyone! My aunt Kitty (who is an artist) painted Rory the "Princess and the Pea" and it is awesome. Instead of painting it on a canvas, she took an old quilt and painted it on that. It is AMAZING! and looks great in the nursery.
- Also, Tim (Mom's Hubby) had this piece of art in his house that I just loved and I made a comment one day about it being a Rory Rabbit. Well, he gave it to her as a shower present. It is so cute! There is now also a mirror that completes this grouping over the changing table but I had already taken the pic and didn't have the energy to go back and re shoot it again.
- Of course, a pic with Gina and the kiddos was in order as well. They are so grown up and I miss them like crazy cakes!
- When I got everything back to Birmingham, I laid it all out on the dining room table so that Kevin could see it all before I put it all away. Here are 3 pics of what she got. She is one blessed little girl. She got A LOT of good stuff!
- OK, lets back up a bit. The week before Thanksgiving, I went in on my regularly scheduled appt with the suspicion that I had another UTI/Kidney infection. I was right...so another round of antibiotics and D@rvoset and I was on the mend, after being out for 3.5 days of work. Well, while I am there, they do the blood pressure thing and tell me that my blood pressure was higher than it usually is, so they wanted me on bedrest through the end of the week, and probably until she gets here....great...3 weeks earlier than I was anticipating.
- I went to work Monday through Wednesday of last week (Thursday and Friday were the Thanksgiving Holidays) and got everything in order and all of that. My Dr. confirmed at my appt that week, that I am not to go back to work, SO as of 12/1...here I sit....bored out of my mind and can't do anything about it since I can't push, pull, clean or stand any longer than for a shower once a day....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
- I now get to go to the Dr. 2xs a week and do the non-stress test both times an then do an ultrasound once a week to measure fluid. I actually enjoy the non-stress test, it is neat to get to hear her heartbeat for a half an hour. My appts this week were yesterday and this coming Saturday. So far so good.
- My Dr. wants to try to get at least one more week on her. Me? I am ready to sleep normally, without turning blue from lack of oxygen and would like to sleep on my stomach again. More than that, I am ready to meet this baby...I have waited long enough...I am making an executive decision and 37 weeks is long enough!
- Just so I don't end the post with that, here is the finished picture of the smocked dress that I made Rory. I have done 2 more projects since, but thought that since you guys were in on from the beginning of this one, that I would show you the finished product. This is what she is going to have her picture taken in for her hospital photos. It turned out pretty well I think.
- Well, that is it, I will try to be better about updating. We are taking the laptop to the hospital so hopefully we can post relatively soon after she is born.
Monster post coming soon, hopefully today!
Posted by Lauren at 9:49 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
- I have no pictures from the shower, I took my camera but forgot to give it to someone to get pics.
- Candi, Colleen, Katy-if you guys took any, please send me copies.
- I had SO much fun getting to see everyone! We are definately going to have to get together to visit more often...not just at showers and birthday parties!
- I put all of Rory's loot on the dining room table so that Kevin could see it when he got home...it filled the WHOLE thing up. I did get a pic of that and will post it.
- I feel like a whale, please Rory come a LITTLE early!
- Monica, we missed you but are looking forward to all attending YOUR baby shower!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 49 DAYS!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- Where is your cell phone? In the front pocket of my Purse
- Where is your significant other? At work...:(
- Your hair color? Brown
- Your mother? Connie
- Your father? Jerry...all gone!
- Your favorite thing? depends on the moment...right now, feeling Miss Priss squirm around
- Your dream last night? Don't remember
- Your dream/goal? Personal: Be a good Mommy to Rory, Career: Be a college professor
- The room you're in? Office
- Your hobby? sewing
- Your fear? afraid to type it
- Where do you want to be in six years? taking Rory to kindergarden.
- Where were you last night? at home with KevPo
- What you’re not? a buttface
- One of your wish list items? Hmmm, hard one...I guess a kick @$$ camera
- Where you grew up? Decatur, AL
- The last thing you did? spoke with a poop face buyer
- What are you wearing? Khaki pants and Black Top
- Your TV? is AWESOME
- Your pet? Ruby and Nellie
- Your computer? PC
- Your mood? Tired and ready to go home.
- Missing someone? Kevin and my Dad
- Your car? Ford Explorer and Saturn Sky
- Something you’re not wearing? Socks
- Favorite store? Target for the everyday
- Your summer? went by in a flash
- Love someone? Lots of people!
- Your favorite color? pink
- When is the last time you laughed? earlier today
- Last time you cried? don't remember
Saturday, November 1, 2008
I promised pictures..so get ready! These first 3 are from my Birmingham Shower. Somehow I only managed to get 3 pictures from the whole shower. My picture taker (AKA: My Mom) forgot once the shower got going. These are close ups of the cake. Somehow I only managed to get pictures of 3 sides of the cake and the top. Probably has something to do with the fact that they were taken at like 2 a.m. and we were pretty exhausted by that point! THis is my progress so far on the day gown from my smocking class. It is not even close to half done, so don't judge too harshly!!!! These are all pics of Rory's room. Once again, color is not so great, but you get the point. It is not done yet, I still have some clutter to clear out but it is almost done! Can't wait to put her in it! Well that is it I guess. One more week until the Decatur shower! Can't wait to see you all!
Posted by Lauren at 8:12 AM
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
- No pics again today...but soon!
- We got Rory's carseat this weekend, now we just need a sweet baby to fill it!
- Her mattress came in yesterday...thank you PeePaw! (Rory thanks you too!)
- Her bedding came in yesterday. Mom and Tim are bringing it down today...I CAN'T WAIT to get it all in the crib!
- If Rory is born 4 weeks early, like I was, I only have 4 weeks or 28 days left...AHHHH, scary!
- Kevin is off on Saturday and we are doing the hospital tour. That is exciting!
- Next weekend is my Decatur shower...I CAN'T WAIT to see all my Decatur friends! Yay!!!!!
- Can you believe that it is almost November already? Wow, this year has flown by!
- Smocking class is going really well. I will have to take a pic of my progress so far. I am not TOO bad but lets just hope that Rory is cute enough that people look at her cute face, and not the smocking on her dress.
- I LOVE the cold weather...I like winter clothes, easier for a "fluffy" girl to hide the chub! Hehehe!
- This is an extra one! Thanks Colleen and Candi for the shout outs on your blogs today!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- I know that I haven't posted anything since last week, I am a bad blogger! I have a post in my head, all written up, but I don't want to post it until I can get my pictures off my camera from the baby shower. We had a GREAT time and the cake turned out great (Despite Mom, Kitty and I and our antics while making it!). Mom and Kitty came down on Friday and stayed through Sunday. We had a great time together!
- Rory got a lot of good stuff at the shower and Mom and I got her curtains made. They are REALLY cute! Her nursery is really coming together. Kitty is doing a painting to go over her changing table, I can't wait to see it! Once the nursery is all done, I will post pictures, but it might be a few more weeks!
- Rory got a lot of clothing and books at the shower! We haven't gotten her car seat, stroller, pack-n-play, infant monitors or any of the other big stuff yet, but hopefully soon. Right now, she will be dressed beautifully to come home, but with no car seat...we will have to leave her (Yeah, Right!). HEHEHE! I think that we are going to buy her car seat next week....that is the plan as of now.
- I am taking a Smocking class and last night was my first class. We had to pick out projects. I picked a day gown (in a pretty french blue) and it will be smocked in white and pink. I will keep you updated with my progress!
- This is a really random post, but whatever, at least you are up to speed. I will work on getting some pics together for you guys!
- 31 weeks today, wow...just wow!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
That is what we have. Empress Fussy Britches. Rory did not want to move her hands from in front of her face. SHe spent the majority of 20 minutes with at least one hand in front of her face and the other over her head and her right leg straight up with her foot next to her head. I took pics of 2 of the pics, but it is hard to take pics of wavy paper...here are 2 of what we did get. I know that we are biased, but we think that she is pretty cute! Look at that cute little mouth and that cute little nose...she's a keeper! Ok, so what do you think? PS: Yes, we did confirm, in 4D, that she is a SHE!
Ok, so here is where I confess some of my crazy pregnantness (new word). I all of a sudden have this irrational fear that when I go for the 4D ultrasound today that Rory is actually a boy, they made a mistake. I know that it is rare but does happen (Brittni) but please GOD, let this baby still be a girl...if not, I shudder to think about the amount of cash that I will have flushed down the ole potty! So, humor your crazy preggers friend and say a little prayer that there isn't any extra "junk" hanging around. Thanks....
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- Kevin and I went to Homestead Hollow on Sunday. We got a really cute lady bug painting thingie with Rory's name on it. Super cute!
- Mom and Tim's cocktail party celebrating their wedding was Saturday night. It was a lot of fun, but I am STILL tired from it.
- Mandy's littlest, Maci, had her birthday party on Saturday...she is so dang cute...must get it from her Mommy!
- What I wouldn't pay to be able to sleep on my stomach again!
- How come oil per barrell is at the lowest it has been in who knows how long, and gas is STILL crazy high...that is when you can find it!
- The difficulty in finding premium gas has really put a cramp in me being able to drive the Sky. What do I have to say about that....poopie drawers...that is what I think!
- Mom has already smocked Rory 2 day gowns and is working on a 3rd. Ok, the kiddo has TONS of clothes, seriously...TONS!
- testing my blood sugar 4xs a day sucks....enough said!
- 7 days until the 4D ultrasound...can't wait!
- We don't have any plans this weekend but next weekend is the Birmingham baby shower and the Decatur shower is November 8th...Yay for baby showers! (PS: All you Decaturins, your invites should be arriving in the mail for the 11/8 shower any day now...can't wait to see you all!)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I just thought I would write you a little note. I love you and miss you, I hope you are having a good day. I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything you do and have to go through with this pregnancy. Changing the subject, Homestead Hollow fall festival is this weekend, let me know if you want to go. Later babe, Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 11:29 AM
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Well today I am officially in the 3rd trimester. This is it, the last phase before she gets here. Wow, hard to believe! As a precautionary measure, my doctor is having me monitor my blood sugar...4 times a day....with a blood sugar monitor. So far I haven't had any crazy readings, so I doubt that I have GD. I hope that when I go in on the 14th that I won't have to monitor any more. My hands are getting super sore!!!!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
I thought that I would post some pictures of the progress in Miss B's room. It is by NO means finished, but I just thought that I would give you a peak of how it is coming together so far. I don't have the curtains up yet so it was a bit bright which made it hard to take pics with a point and click, but whatever, you get the idea. We are going to repaint the rocker I think, the "soft ballet pink" turned a little bright to say the least. I also haven't put anything on the walls, which I am going to do as soon as the bedding comes in and the things in the room get a more definate placement. These are some of the things that I have gotten for her. Apparently the unofficial theme for her room is Rabbits, not on purpose, I just keep finding things that I like for her room and a lot of it happens to have bunnies on it. The print in the left hand corner I got off of etsy, it is SUPER cute. I have a TON of stuff to get framed. That is it, have a great weekend and I will see you guys on Monday!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I refused to pay 9.99 per letter for letters to put on Rory's wall, so off to H_bby Lobby I went and bought these ugly little wooden letters. 14 coats of paint later and they are ALMOST done. I still have a few touch ups to do, but they are coming along nicely. Excuse the messy table and wax paper...craft time can get messy....at least when I am participating!
Posted by Lauren at 8:31 PM
- So I wrote last week that they messed up my Glucose test and I had to go back and retest. I went in and the result came back as borderline, as in .4 over the acceptable range. So they wanted me to come back in for the 1/2 day test. L@bcorp has a history of messing up my tests (as in this is the 3rd one...since I have been pregnant that I have had to redo because of their goofs) and so I asked if since I am predisposed to Gest. Diabetes (because of PCOS) if we can just assume that I do have it and treat it accordingly. My doctor said that was fine with her (even though she doesn't think that I really do have GD), the nutritionist checked off on it and I had to go in on Tuesday for a "class" on how to deal with it. No big deal right? WRONG! My Drs office, if you are diagnosed with it, they make you monitor your blood sugar 4 times a day with a blood sugar monitor. Pain in the @$$. So far I am on day 3 and I haven't had 1 single reading that is out of line. I think that if I go a whole month with normal readings, I am going to start testing once a day and if those #s are crazy, I will go back to 4 times a day. Blahh!
- On a lighter note, I am 90 days away from my due date. 90 days....90 days....like for real. That is less than 3 months until my due date. (Please God let her come a few weeks, like 2-3, early). Holy cow, my "To Do" list is endless: her nursery isn't done, our house is a wreck, 2 baby showers to go to, complete the Maternity Leave paperwork, get Kevin's insurance stuff prepared for her and I, get my insurance ready for me not to be on it, get the carpets cleaned in the nursery, finalize a pediatrician, and...and...and!!!!!
- Our 4 D ultrasound is 10/14. I am SO pumped about it! I think that Kevin is a well! I want to see that little face and those ever moving hands and feet.
- Mom sold her house, closes tomorrow...I went home last weekend to get some stuff and on the way back....LOST IT!!!! Seriously....driving on 65S sobbing...just more than I could handle at that point. Every semblance of getting to "go home" to Decatur is gone. It isn't just the house, I mean, going home really is more of a combination of a lot of things, MY house, MY parents, MY stuff, MY life...Well now I don't have MY house and I only have one of MY parents left. Nothing is the same! My room at Tim and Mom's doesn't have my stuff in it, I don't have childhood memories there, it is just a room where Kevin and I will sleep...I have nothing left of "home." Now I am just a guest in my Mother's house...it is really difficult, a lot more so than I thought that it would be! Not that I am in to material things...don't read it that way, it is just that sometimes I have trouble handling all the changes that have happened in the past year all at the same time. Sometimes it is slightly over whelming. Slightly being a slight understatement.
Anyways, that it what is going on in our life....we really are blessed, even if I get frustrated some times!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Well, we are officially in the double digits now. WOW! I can't believe it! I had my 26 week check up today and the Bee seemed to be doing well. I am measuring right on target and they said that her heart rate sounded good. I did the glucose testing today as well. Yuck, nastiness! Anyway, not a lot going on, we are just chugging along each day. Rory moves off and on throughout the day but other than that...it is mostly uneventful. (not that I am complaining) I will try to dig up some pics in the next few days to post that way there is something to look at besides just boring words. Anyway, hope all is well! Ciao!
- UPDATE 1: The lab screwed up my Glucose test, I get to do it AGAIN tomorrow! UGHHHH!!!!!!
- UPDATE 2: I am not doing belly shots, I just can't bring myself to flaunt the flubber. I was not skinny before I got preggers and now, well I just look chunky. I will do one right before she is born (probably) but other than that, you will have to use your imagination!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Well, I posted the pic of Rory's bedding, but while I was at Market this weekend with Mom, I found some that I liked better, so I went ahead and ordered it and it should be here in no more than 6 weeks. I don't have a picture of it, but it is similar to what I posted earlier, except that the colors are reversed, it is pale pink Pique with white embroidery. Very girly, very feminine, very Lauren. Now if Kev will just pick out her mobile, we are all set!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
If your blog is linked over there ------------------> Please email me with your address. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks! Ciao! Lauren
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I don't know that I will have 10, but it is worth a try.
- We got the nursery all painted and the furniture is in there. It is KILLING me not having the mattress and the bedding and all of that jazz in there too. It still has a long way to go, but hopefully it will be finished soon.
- I am going to Atlanta this weekend with Mom. We are spending the night and I am coming back on Sunday. I am pretty excited to be getting away.
- My Mom's house was broken into about a week and a half ago. They caught the lady on Friday and recovered all of our stuff. There is a small article in the Decatur Daily about it today. She took random stuff like towels, Mom's bathmat, my Rothschild coat from when I was 2, a dress my Great Grandmother made, the paper towel holder from the kitchen, the toilet paper stands from the bathrooms, the TV remotes and a bunch of other random things. When they found her, she had all the stolen items neatly put away in her house. Weirder!
- Today is my Dad's birthday, Happy Birthday Daddy...I sure do miss you!
- Roll Tide...keep it up!
- I want to go to the beach...for like a month....yeah, that isn't going to happen!
- Because I am going to be A-town this weekend, I am going to miss Emma-Lou's birthday party...so sorry Louise!!!!!!
- I think Miss Bee is banging on my Sciatic (sp???) nerve. I have a shooting pain down my left leg and my tail bone feels like it is broken in half...not fun!
- Did you guys know that Sunday was Grandparent's Day? We sure didn't and boy are we in the dog house on that one! I didn't even know there was such a thing.
- I don't have a #10...sorry! Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Friday, September 5, 2008
I realize that I am a little "ticker happy" on this blog, but they are so cute (and informative). I promise they will disappear soon...well in 4 months! ;)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Mom and Tim are coming down this weekend and we are going to paint Miss Bee's room and repaint my baby dresser and chest of drawers to coordinate with her furniture. (I might even put her crib together!). It occurred to me that I never put up a picture of her bedding. It is very simple and classic, I LOVE it!That is it for today. Happy Hump day all!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Hello all, I have been reading more and more about the vaccine debate. As recently as today in THIS, THIS and THIS article. I have always planned on getting vaccines for my children but I keep reading stuff about how it is risky and bad and harmful. I was vaccinated as a child with all the usual vaccines (I didn't have the chicken pox vaccine and got the hep B series before I went to college) and I turned out fine. I feel like if the vaccines can keep my child (or at least lower the risk to near nothing) from getting a horrible disease that could cause death, then I would be a fool not to do them. I mean, isn't it my responsibility as a parent to try to KEEP my children from harm? Is is right for me to depend on everyone else to vaccinate in order for my child to be protected? What if there are a high number of kids that Rory plays with that aren't vaccinated, because of that logic, then there is no longer the "herd immunity." If the minority (non-vaccine) begins to become the majority, then not vaccinating puts her at higher risk than vaccinating would have in the beginning. Anyway, circular argument I guess, I was just wondering what you guys thought. What are your thoughts on the vaccine debate?
Saturday, August 23, 2008
- The rules are:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules.
- Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
- Tag six bloggers by linking.
- Leave a comment for each blogger.
OK, So here are my 6.
- I too have a very strict night time (and morning routine). Turn on water, brush teeth, wash face. Never changes, never varies!
- I eat sour cream on my chicken fingers and french fries.
- I iron and starch all of our sheets (some of you already know this)
- I can't stand open shower curtains...they MUST be closed.
- I am distant relative of W'lliam Faulkner
- My great grandfather (on my Dad's side) was a shoe maker in Boston. Explains my shoe obsession doesn't it?
- Katy- Destiny's Hand
- Colleen- Team Dixon
- Roz- As Always Roz
- Klancy- As Always Roz
- Mandy-Moore Power 2 You
Thursday, August 21, 2008
My Mom had my baby pearls restrung and gave them to me (along with my dress pins, bracelet and baby ring). They were not in the greatest shape after going through me as a child...imagine that right? Also, I ordered these shoes like 3 weeks ago and they just came in today. I bought 0-3 months however, I don't think that she will be able to wear them until she is about 2 months old..unless she has monster feet. We will see though! That is it for the night! Ciao!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
No pictures today, sorry!
- Kevin, on his off day on Monday, went and got 1 ton of river rocks and shoveled them, ALL BY HIMSELF, into our flower beds....I think that he loves me!
- Mom's wedding was great. We had a good time!
- My MIL is throwing a taste of home party on Saturday. Feel free to check out her website and let me know if you want anything!
- We are keeping Mom's dog, Gabby the mini schnauzer, while they are at the beach. Nellie is enjoying the extra playmate, Ruby...not so much.
- OK, who's idea was it to move Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to next summer. I mean, good grief...I was really excited that it was FINALLY coming up and was counting on it to scare me into labor (hey, a girl can dream right?).