Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
I found this and thought that it was pretty funny. Enjoy!
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the abode
Only 1 creature was stirring & she was cleaning the commode.
The children were finally sleeping, all snug in their beds,
while visions of X-Box & Barbie flipped through their heads.
Yes, and dad was snoring in front of the TV,
with a half constructed bicycle propped on his knee.
So only the mom heard the reindeer hooves clatter,
which made her sigh, "Now what is the matter?"
With toilet bowl brush still clutched in her hand,
She descended the stairs, and saw the old man.
He was covered with ashes & soot, which fell with a shrug,
"Oh great," muttered the mom, "Now I have to clean the rug."
"Ho Ho Ho!" cried Santa, I'm glad you're awake."
"your gift was especially difficult to make."
"Thanks, Santa, but all I want is time alone."
"Exactly!" he chuckled, "So, I've made you a clone
A clone?" she muttered, "What good is that?"
"Run along, Santa, I've no time for chit chat."
Then out walked the clone -
The mother's twin,
Same hair, same eyes,
same stubborn chin.
"She'll cook, she'll dust, she'll mop every mess.
You'll relax, take it easy, watch TV and rest.
"Fantastic!" the mom cheered. "My dream has come true!"
"I'll shop, I'll read, I'll sleep a night through!"
From the room above, the youngest did fret.
"Mommy?! Come quickly,
I'm scared and I'm wet."
The clone replied, "I'm coming, sweetheart."
"Hey," the mom smiled,
"She sure knows her part."
The clone changed the child and hummed her a tune,
as she bundled the small one in a blanket cocoon.
"You're the best Mommy ever. I really love you."
The clone smiled and sighed, "And I love you too.
"The mom frowned and said,
"Sorry, Santa, no deal.That's my child's LOVE she is going to steal."
Smiling wisely, Santa said:
"To me it is clear,
Only one loving mother is needed here."
The mom kissed her child and tucked her in bed.
"Thank You, Santa, for clearing my head.
Sometimes I forget,
it won't be very long,
before they'll be too old for my cradle and song."
The clock on the mantle began to chime.
Santa whispered to the clone, "It works every time."
With the clone by his side, Santa said:
"Goodnight.Merry Christmas, dear Mom,
you'll be all right."
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Well Rory, I didn't post a post on your birthday because I didn't want to miss a minute of your big day. I can't believe that it has already been a year.
After you went to bed last night, I went in an prayed over your bed, just like I have done since before you were born. I thanked God for the gift of you. I thanked God for every sleepless night, every time I rocked you in the rocker, every time that I put that pacie back in your mouth, every minute of every day. I told him how much I loved you, how I could never have imagined how wonderful my life would be. 1 year ago, we became a family, and it was the best moment of my life. In a millisecond I became a different person, I was now Rory's Mommy. You are magical my sweet girl! Pure, innocent magic.
Yesterday, I caught myself watching you. I could see it in your face, you were so happy. I hope that you always look for the wonder in the world around you. Seeing that sweet smile makes my heart leap and dance. The Thursday night before your birthday, I waited for you to fall asleep in your bed and I snuck in your room and scooped you up in my arms. I sat down in the rocker next to your bed and held you in my arms and rocked you, just like I did the first night that we brought you home. We sat there and rocked and rocked and rocked. I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet smell of your hair and kissed your soft baby skin. I thought to myself that I don't ever want to forget the sweet smell of your hair and the feel of your skin against mine. I sat there and willed time to slow down, I could have stayed there and rocked you forever, just you and I my precious tiny girl. You are such a gift my sweet girl, I hope that you know how much your Daddy and I love you. You truely are a gift.
We have been given such a huge responsibility in raising you. I pray Rory Meredith that your Daddy and I can be an adequate example of God's love and mercy. I pray that God surround you and keep you safe. I pray that God keep our little family healthy and safe and bless us with many more birthdays with you. You will always be my sweet tiny girl, my little miracle. I love you to the moon and back and three bags full.
Posted by Lauren at 8:22 PM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
One year ago today, I went to the Dr. for what had become my bi-weekly blood pressure check and NST (non-stress test) and ultrasoud. My blood pressure was OK, but still high. My doctor said that she thought that the benefits of waiting were really not applicable since I was 38 weeks already and asked I wanted to be induced on the 11th. I, obviously, said yes! I remember calling Kevin and meeting him for lunch at the Mexican Restaurant close to our house. I can remember us talking about this being the last time that we would eat out just the 2 of us. It is weird, it seems so long ago, but then again, not so long ago as well.
At my appt on 12/9/08, I was 0cm, not effaced, not thinned out, nothing...I think that my Dr's exact words were "tight as a steel trap." She gave us very little hope of a regular delivery and I can remember thinking "Whatever, I just want this baby out, I am ready to meet her!" Little did we know that in just 2 days, all of that would change. I can't believe that my teeny tiny baby is going to be 1. It has really been the best year of my life, she is such a gift and I am still amazed that she is ours!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Most of you have already seen this, but I figured that I would post it here as well! I can't believe that my little bitty baby is almost 1...I think that I am going to be sick!
Since we have PLENTY of toys for Miss Bee to play with, we are asking everyone to bring a book to donate to the local library in honor of Rory's Bday. Each invitation included a little piece of paper with this printed on it:
Of our special birthday smartie
Hope that you guys can make it! It is going to be a Hoppin' good time!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Dear Santa (aka Ho Ho),
I like to look at you on our Christmas tree and point to you in my books. Mommy thought that I might like to meet you in person and tell you what I want for Christmas. I really liked talking to you while Mommy was holding me and I liked telling you "Hi Dere" and waving. But then you took it too far Ho Ho, I do not like to sit in your lap. When you asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told you "Mama" and I meant it. Seeing as I already have my Mama, your services are no longer needed. I am content to talk to you on the tree or in the books from now on. Don't worry about my house for Christmas Ho Ho, I have all that I need already.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
This picture pretty much sums up what has been going on and also explains why I have been MIA lately.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
- I have asked you all to pray for Sweet Stellan before and so I will renew that request. Stellan is in a fight for his sweet little life right now. He was just taken into surgery with the hope of a resolution of his SVT without catastrophic repercussions. Please take a second and say a prayer for this sweet baby, his sweet Mama who just had to put her sweet baby boy on a bed to be wheeled away without knowing if it is the last time that she would see his sweet precious face this side of heaven, and his anxious father who is boarding an airplane to get to Boston as soon as possible so that he can be with his wife and baby and for the doctors who are quite literally Stellan's only earthly hope at this point.
- God, be with Stellan and his Mom and Dad. Guide the surgeons hands, may they be your hands, in healing Stellan's sweet little heart. Bring Stellan through the surgery with results so miraculous that only you can be credited. Place your angels as a hedge of protection around this family, and all those involved with Stellan's care.
- UPDATE: Stellan's surgery was a success, he is SVT free. He is not out of the woods yet, they are having some trouble with bloodflow to his right leg. Please pray that bloodflow can be restored and he will come through just fine.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
- It is November already, I don't even remember October.
- Rory took her 1st big spill this past weekend, at my In-Law's house. I was in the kitchen, apparently everyone in the living room thought that someone else was watching her, she went down the steps. I FREAKED out! Rory screamed, she is fine, has a bit of a black eye and a bruise on her hip. It still makes me sick to think about it.
- I have Rory's Birthday invites done, I just have to get them printed.
- Last year at this time I was 8 months pregnant and miserable. I can't believe that it has been a year already!
- I am so excited for Christmas and Rory's birthday but I am going to spend too much, I can already tell
- We (Rory and I) will be in Decatur this weekend. I don't know yet when we are coming and going, but we will be there at some point.
- Rory's new skill of the week...saying Poop (although it sounds like boop). If you ask her what is in her pants she says "Boop" even if there isn't. Great...very lady like don't you think?
- I miss my friend Allison. She moved to DC with her fiance 2 weeks ago and I am about to go crazy missing her.
- I ordered us new stocking this year. THESE are mine and Kevin's and THIS one is Rory's. Mine and Kev's came in yesterday and Rory's should be in this week.
- I can't think of 10...sorry!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Despite fighting off a cold this week and Kevin having to work on Rory's first Halloween, we had a good time! We went to my in-law's house and Rory and our nephews went trick or treating together. They had a good time and all 3 were really cute. Daddy thought that Miss Rory-Bug was pretty cute. I took her tights off of her so that she could crawl without slipping around. She was having a good time, as you can see. Davis and Rory. Davis was "Mr. Incredible" from 'The Incredibles.' Rory thinks that Davis is REALLY funny! Brock was Superman, he was too cute! The Humphrey grand kids are awfully cute...and mischevioius! Mr Incredible and Superman, we were in good hands should any bad guys show up. Brock was clearly not interested in smiling for any pictures. Our little lady bug. Her costume was padded and was hilarious. It was also really warm, so she was plenty warm. I was worried that it would be too hot, you know how Halloween in Alabama is, it could be 85 or it could be 35, you just never know. I totally forgot to get her a candy bucket, so I pulled out the old paint pens and ribbons and threw something together. I had this little tin the in closet waiting for inspiration and voila...candy bucket today...who knows what tomorrow. We like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.