- This is reason number 11,325 that I will not be voting for Obama. I know that he has quit wearing the lapel pin because of what he thinks is a watered down patriotism and I can deal with that, BUT, how can you stand on a platform, running for office in the UNITED STATES, and not put your hand on your heart. I, personally, think that it is an insult on the office of the presidency. I personally, do not want a President that has a blatant disregard for our flag.
- The US Flag code states that "all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;"
- I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I had to get on my soap box for a moment. It just disgusts me, how can I trust you to defend our nation, when you don't respect our nation?
- Also, for those that might be thinking, "Maybe it is a still picture that was taken before he had a chance to get his hand up." Think again, Snopes has a video of the Anthem and NOT ONCE does he put his hand up. UGHHHH, makes me angry.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Posted by Lauren at 3:13 PM
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Hey guys, I thought that I would let you in on a really fun thing to do if you are ever in Birmingham. There is a place called "Sips n Strokes" that is TONS-O-FUN! You take your favorite beverage (alcohol optional) and you paint a painting. If you want to check it out, the website is www.sipsnstrokes.com. Check it out. I did this painting last night. I didn't take a pic of my previous masterpieces, sorry. Anyway.....I present.... "YUPPY PUPPY"
Posted by Lauren at 3:57 PM
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Hey guys, I have 2 prayer requests.
- My cousin Miles' wife died. Her galbladder ruptured and caused a systemic infection. They have a teenage son, Will, and speaking from experiance, they (and the rest of our family) could use your prayers.
- Many of you might remember my cousins Leslie and Chris. Well, their Mother has been really sick for the past 5-6 years and she is currently in ICU of UAB here in Birmingham and things don't look good. According to the Drs. all her systems are shutting down and it is just a matter of time.
Thanks you guys!
Posted by Lauren at 2:32 PM
Friday, October 19, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Posted by Lauren at 1:44 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
- Went to a birthday party for my friend Mandy’s little girl, Maci, on Saturday. It was SOOO much fun. Maci turned 2 and I got her a Lee Middleton play doll and stroller and she LOVED it. (Pics to come tonite hopefully!)
- Kevin’s new off days are Sunday, Monday. This is the first day that we have had off together since before we got married (without burning Vacation or Sick time).
- Mom put the house on the market this week. Wow, bittersweet feelings about that. I mean, technically, I haven’t lived there since 1998, and without my Dad, it really isn’t quite the safe haven that it once was, but I am still a little sad.
- We are going to see Phantom of the Opera on 10/20. My Dad and Mom were supposed to go with us, we bought tickets back in May, but when Dad died, Mom gave her tickets to the twins. They are really excited, and so am I, but it is a little bit sad at the same time. Phantom was my Dad’s favorite and Kevin has never seen it.
- EVERYONE IS PREGNANT (except for me!) Yay for babies! Seriously, 11 people.
- Ruby has a scratch on her Cornea and an eye infection. The vet came over last night and gave us 2 tubes of cream to put in her eyes twice a day. NOT FUN (neither was the bill)!
- I LOVE our vet. She is a mobile pet vet. She drives an RV that is a full service clinic on wheels and when you need her, you just call and she comes and sees you. It is great and so much easier than loading both the girls up in the car and trying to wrangle them into the vets office.
- School sucks, I can’t wait until I am through! I am over half way, so that is definitely a good thing!
- Kevin and I have changed out 2 light fixtures this week. We DO NOT work well together on home improvement projects. We always end up fussy by the end, but the fruits of our labors are always spectacular so that makes up for it.
- Thank God for Wednesdays!