I had fun this weekend. I hope you have a great day at work. Love, Kevin
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
OK, so it is not Tuesday...and this may not be 10, but I will do what I can.
- I CAN'T WAIT until this semester is over. I took a final in my International Business class last night and made an 87...not bad! Now all I have to do to finish that class is a paper...and then I am done. 1 down 2 to go.
- I have been driving the Sky a lot lately...man, I LOVE that car.
- Kev's Dad's birthday is this weekend...we haven't a clue what to get him. Any ideas?
- Mom and her friend Tim (his wife died like 2 months before Dad) came down to visit last Saturday. We had a terrific time!
- Sunday I have a baby tea--I am pretty excited to see what my super crafty friend Mandy has whipped up for the event...I know it will be great!
- I am tired...ALL.....THE.....TIME!
- I did a major spring cleaning overhaul of the house last week. There is still about a million things to be done, but I have definitely gotten a jump on it.
- I miss my Family.
- My birthday is coming up on June 8...I will be 28...I don't feel 28 ;)
- I am ready for the weekend, even though it will be packed full!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
I have this grapevine wreath that I have had for a little over a year and I keep it on the front door and then just change out the flowers as the seasons change. I just changed it to Spring flowers this week...I know, it should have done this a few weeks ago, whatever...who has time? Anyway, here is a picture of my front door now, complete with a cute puppy dog at the window. I got this antique window and have had it for a while, and was waiting on it to inspire me to do something. Well, I have also been looking for a flat firescreen for a while and just couldn't find one that I liked, well, I bought iron, aged decorative L brackets, mounted them upside down, and Voila! Instant fires creen, and it looks neat!
Posted by Lauren at 6:41 PM
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Mom forwarded me the link to the virtual tour on the house. I got a little emotional looking at it, I sort of surprised myself. Anyway, I know that it is the right thing to do, it is too big for just her, but a part of me is really sad about it. Anyway, for anyone who is interested...HERE is the link for the virtual tour.
Posted by Lauren at 8:08 AM
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I have done a little bit of sewing lately. The first outfit is a custom order for a new baby of a friend of mine. It was very hard to photograph, but you get the idea. It is not done yet. I have yet to decide if it will get buttons on the back or if it will have ribbons. What do you think? This next outfit is just one that I made, not for any one in particular. It is super cute, the pants even have little purple pom-poms on the bottom. The back ties with a white and purple ribbon...SO CUTE! This next dress is one of my favorite patterns. I have a fabric for the pants that are a red with little tiny horse shoes on it. I haven't made the pants yet. This one doesn't tie in the back, it is just a little simple A line dress. This one is SUPER cute with a monogram on it. Of course no TLP post is complete without some burp cloths. These are for the baby that the first outfit is made for. They aren't technically a set, I just photographed them together because it was easier. Well, that is it....so what do you think?
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I saw this on someone else's blog and decided I would participate too. Feel free to repost to your own blog. Ten Years Ago:
- Lets see, 10 years ago I was a high school senior getting ready to Birmingham-Southern and was dreading my stupid summer job at the hospital. I was sooo excited to go to college and even more excited that I was going to get to be Gina's labor coach for when Brit was born (Still counts as one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of!). 10 years ago, I never could have dreamed that I would be where I am today!
- Wash some clothes
- Write a paper
- Take 2 tests
- Drive home...blah!
- Press my clothes for the rest of the week
- Pay off my current Mortgage and buy a new, better, bigger house. Pay off our cars, pay off our student loans, skip straight to IVF instead of this crazy infertility carousel that I am currently on, quit my job to stay home with the litter of babies I would be having from IVF.
- Running my car until the low fuel light comes on.
- I pick at the dead skin on my feet until they bleed (Yuck, I know)
- I count and everything must be even..."chew 5 times on right side, chew 5 times on the left side," "72 reflectors between the big blue house on Hwy 95 and the traffic light," "2 steps in each square on the sidewalk on the way into work." I could go on and on, it is a sickness!
- I forget to clean the leftovers out of fridge and they get gross, then I make Kevin dump them out so that I don't puke.
- I don't go "tinkle" enough. This is a holdover from school, I didn't want to use the nasty restrooms at school so I guess I trained my body (and bladder) to go at 7:00a, 3:30p and then maybe 2 more times before bed. So not good for your kidneys. Kevin fusses at me!
- Decatur, Alabama
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Hoover, Alabama
- Vestavia Hills, Alabama
- Helena, Alabama
- Gift Shop Clerk
- Personal Trainer
- Marketing Director
- Financial Aid Representative
- Fraud Investigator
- I can't cross my eyes
- I never take my engagement/wedding ring off unless I am cleaning it
- I was named after Lauren Bacall and Gene Kelly (is it any wonder that I love to dance and be on stage????)
- I HATE sweet potatoes.
- I have always wanted to have twins (Preferably GG twins, but OK with BG twins, DO NOT WANT BB twins---like I have a choice, right?)
Posted by Lauren at 3:02 PM
OK, so there isn't really anything super interesting going on in the Humphrey house, but I figured I would post a 10 on Tuesday for the fun of it.
- I turned our dryer on on Sunday night so that I would have dry pants on Monday to wear to work. Well, I got up Monday morning and could hear the dryer still running. "Hmm, I know that there is no cycle on the dryer that is 6.5 hours long." Well, apparently the timer is broken and the dryer, which is now blowing cold air, is in need of repair.
- Spent a great majority of the evening last night, cleaning the laundry room and apparently our hose that goes from the dryer to the vent wasn't connected well and behind the dryer looked like a lint monster threw a kegger.
- I signed up for Summer classes...my last 2! One of them is a mini term and runs from 5/13 to 5/30. Well, at least that one will be over and I will only have one this summer.
- Ruby and Nellie had their annual shots last week...good grief...so freaking expensive!
- I miss my Mom.
- Sundays are Dreamland Bar-B-Q day at the Birmingham Barons. YES PLEASE!!!!
- I love my husband (Kevin asked that I include the fact in my blog...so there you go Kev-Po)
- The weather is SO pretty out lately. I need to get Kev to move the old TV that is sitting behind the Sky so that I can drive it some during the week. I love my Explorer, but I am ready for some top-down driving!
- I rediscovered my love of Special K Redberry. Seriously, I am addicted!
- Britney went and tried out to be an extra in the next Hannah Montana movie. She is such a cutie pie and such a good girl! I am so proud of her and the job that her great Mommy is doing raising her. Seriously, she is the sweetest, most polite and well behaved child I have ever met. I love my Brit!