Friday, February 27, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Sorry this is late. I finally got my new laptop and it took me a little while to get the driver installed for the D60 camera (I still haven't uploaded the driver for the point and shoot). Here is Miss Bee's official 2 month picture. We are working at putting some meat on those legs, but they are so cute! Rory had her 2 month appt on 2/16. She got 4 shots and did 1 oral vaccine. Here she is with her band aids. There is an identical bandaid on the other leg too.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sorry I have been MIA. Kevin accidentally broke the hinges that hold the laptop screen up and it nearly impossible to hang on to the screen, hold Rory and type. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
- I am on my last week of maternity leave. 12 weeks went by so fast! I can't believe that she will be 10 weeks old on Friday. I go back to work this coming Monday. I am sad that I am going to have to be away from her for so long, but it makes me feel better that Kevin will be with her and then the sitter will be coming to our house to keep her for 3 hours until I get home on Tuesday - Friday.
- Rory turned 2 months old on the 12th. I can't believe that she has been here 2 months already. It has gone by SO fast! I have pictures from her 2 month birthday that I will try to get up soon!
- It is official. Miss Bee is sleeping through the night. She is giving us at least 7 hours of straight sleep per night, sometimes more! YAY!!!!
- Rory had her first set of shots on Monday. Poor little Bee, she got 2 in each leg! She was pitiful. Her doctor says that she is right on schedule and doing great. She weighed 10 pounds and 1 ounce and was 21.75 inches long. We have officially graduated out of newborn diapers and into size 1. Yay for our tiny girl!
- Rory will be christened in Decatur on April 5th. More info on that at a later date.
- Rory and I will be in Decatur tomorrow through Friday morning.
- I can't post without any pics, so I will leave you with this one!
Friday, February 6, 2009
"Hey Daddy....Mommy and I were talking and she told me that today is your birthday" "She also mentioned cake, I don't know what that is, but Mommy says that it is good" "OOhhh, your HOW OLD?" "WOW....Daddy you are almost 30" "I love you, Love Mommy and Rory!"
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I know, I am a bad blogger! We have been battling acid reflux and a formula change! Hopefully, we have everything worked out. I took Rory to church for the first time about 3 weeks ago. She was really good and either slept or sat and watched everyone. She wasn't fussy or anything. I didn't get a picture of her before we left, but I tried to get one when we got home. She was fussy because she was hungry, but I thought that the resulting picture was pretty cute. What a pout!Rory has always like to be swaddled, and I mean TIGHT! She doesn't like her arms to be restricted though, so this is what sleeping at night looks like. Both arms straight out, pacie in place and lower body swaddled tightly. Rory has started smiling and "talking" on purpose in the past 2 weeks. She and Kevin sit and and talk and smile at night when he gets home before he gives her the midnight bottle. So far I haven't been able to catch a smile on camera, the red light just before it takes the picture really freaks her out. I put this in because I thought that her hands were funny. She looks so prim and proper... This is one of the attempts at catching a smile. At least in this one, she actually looks happy. Kevin bought her this outfit from Gymboree, it says "Little Love Bug" on the chest and the pants and jacket are reversible. It is super cute (especially with a hair bow). This one is for you Mandy...Look at those cute little feet! I am posting this one for my Mom. This little apple dress was mine and was one of my Mom's favorite things to put on me. It is pretty cute on Miss Bee too! Excuse the expression, she was about to fall asleep. Rory will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. That means that my time home with her is quickly coming to a close. I am sad that I won't get to spend every minute with her. She just changes so much and so fast. Oh well, the baby sitter has been coming a few days a week for a few hours a day for the past 2 weeks so that she is comfortable with Rory and Rory (and the crazy dogs) are comfortable with her. Plus, it gives me time to do stuff like scrub the kitchen tile floors and stuff like that without having to worry about her waking up and needing me. Well, that is it. Tune in tomorrow for a special post for Kevin.