- Interesting title Huh?
- Kevin called me last week and asked if I wanted to take a self-defense class. I told him that I did and I immediately asked my college roomie (and Best Bud) Allison if she wanted to partake in the festivities with me.
- We went last night and learned how to "Fight Like A Girl" and it was very informative. They taught us how to use our gross motor skills to our advantage since when confronted with a negative situation, your fine motor skills go out the window and all you are left with are the gross motor skills.
- Needless to say, I am a force to be reckoned with now...predators BEWARE! I know how to use my "Horse-Bite" and I am not afraid to use it.
- If anyone ever has the opportunity to go to one of these events...I STRONGLY recommed that you go!
- The one that we attended was sponsored by Charter Communications and Oxygen TV Network. It was fun!
- HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Posted by Lauren at 8:42 AM
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Well, we got a call today that Kevin's grandmother died today. This is his Grandmother Humphrey (his Dad's mother). She has been sick for a while and we all knew it was coming eventually but it is still hard when it does happen. Just continue to keep us in your prayers. Thanks! Lauren
Posted by Lauren at 2:28 PM
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Well, it has been 1 whole week since we had to say our final goodbyes to my Dad. Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words of encouragement. There are not words to express to all of you how thankful I am for all the love and support that you guys have showered upon my family. This has truly been the most difficult experience of my life. I have relived the moment that I found out over and over again. It was, and still continues to be, a true nightmare. I miss my Dad so much it hurts, way down deep inside me I am in agony. I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle...but good grief, I think I am closer than I have ever been to a complete meltdown. Between working full time, going to Grad School full time and having to deal with the loss of 2 of the most precious people in my life, I am about at the end of my rope. I just keep thinking that God must have something really great that he is preparing us all for. I keep thinking of the verse in the Bible that says "Lean not upon your own understanding." Actually, more appropriately, I have been clinging to this verse. I probably recite it to myself at least 20 times a day. Anyway, I promise to get back to fun, happy blogs soon! Just keep us all in your prayers...we have a long road ahead of us and we really do feel all the prayers that you guys are pouring out. God is good...God is good! Ciao!
Posted by Lauren at 3:25 PM
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Pardon me if this post is short. We have had a tragedy. Yesterday my Dad was at the Lake and he had a massive heart attach and has died. We are all dealing with this monumental loss and there are not words to describe the sorrow that I feel in my heart. My hero has left me, my first love is gone, I am lost. Arrangements are: Monday-Visitation from 5-7 at Shelton and there will be a graveside at Roselawn on Tuesday at 10am. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. We are all crushed. Ciao!
Posted by Lauren at 4:29 PM