Friday, July 29, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
We are still around. I have a lot of posts floating around in my head, but this one will likely be short. I have taken a little break from the ole' blog for a few reasons. First of all, I just needed a break and since it is within my power to impose such "breakness" I decided to do so. Secondly, I spend most of my time at home, reminding Rory to go potty. Haha!
Here is a quick 5 for you to give you a quick update on what has been happening in our house lately.
1. We did 3 day potty training over July 4th weekend. I didn't buy the book, but read a lot online about how to do it and read what other Moms had said about it. I wound up using a hybrid of a bunch of different methods and also just going with what I felt would work best for Rory. It was rough, but it worked. Rory still has accidents, but luckily, she is pretty good with it. I bought a bunch of prizes for her to get to pick from, this was one of them...
2. Rory is crazy talkative...like comes out with stuff at the craziest times. The other night, we were in Decatur for a Memorial Svc and my cousin Caroline's baby shower, and Mom and I were trying to get her to go to sleep. She is laying in the bed, just chatting away and all the sudden, she sits up and says "Mommy, I am medium done with this sleeping." Mom and I about lost it.
3. Kevin and I had been looking at bike trailers for a while, but wow...they are expensive. We were at Target about 3 weeks ago (one of our tester trips after Potty Training where we knew where the bathroom was and if she had an accident, not that big of a deal) and found a Schwinn trailer on clearance for a steal. It converts to a jogging stroller too. It is awesome and Rory LOVES it...it is quite a work out!
4. We are gearing up for our trip to the beach in September. Rory asks every day if we are going to the beach today. Sweet girl...she has no concept of tomorrow, let alone September.
5. I have started looking at stuff and trying to get ideas for stuff for Rory's 3rd Birthday Party in December. I have it narrowed down to 2-3 themes to choose from. I know that my years of getting pick a cutsie theme are numbered and before long, she will be in full on 'licensed character theme' parties. So I am enjoying it while I can.