Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Monster Post

OK, so we will be covering a few topics in this post...since I am such a slacker in blogging lately. First of all, no baby yet....so keep waiting for that post.

  1. Baby shower.
  • The baby shower was SO much fun. It was SO great to get to see everyone! My aunt Kitty (who is an artist) painted Rory the "Princess and the Pea" and it is awesome. Instead of painting it on a canvas, she took an old quilt and painted it on that. It is AMAZING! and looks great in the nursery.
  • Also, Tim (Mom's Hubby) had this piece of art in his house that I just loved and I made a comment one day about it being a Rory Rabbit. Well, he gave it to her as a shower present. It is so cute! There is now also a mirror that completes this grouping over the changing table but I had already taken the pic and didn't have the energy to go back and re shoot it again.
  • Here is a pic of the crew. It was SO fantastic seeing everyone and all being together again!
  • Of course, a pic with Gina and the kiddos was in order as well. They are so grown up and I miss them like crazy cakes!
  1. When I got everything back to Birmingham, I laid it all out on the dining room table so that Kevin could see it all before I put it all away. Here are 3 pics of what she got. She is one blessed little girl. She got A LOT of good stuff!
2. My Christmas Present - A NIKON D60. It is awesome! Kevin gave it to me early since I am home for the long haul (see #3). I haven't done a whole lot with it yet, but I plan on getting on it soon! 3. I am home on modified bed rest.
  • OK, lets back up a bit. The week before Thanksgiving, I went in on my regularly scheduled appt with the suspicion that I had another UTI/Kidney infection. I was right...so another round of antibiotics and D@rvoset and I was on the mend, after being out for 3.5 days of work. Well, while I am there, they do the blood pressure thing and tell me that my blood pressure was higher than it usually is, so they wanted me on bedrest through the end of the week, and probably until she gets here....great...3 weeks earlier than I was anticipating.
  • I went to work Monday through Wednesday of last week (Thursday and Friday were the Thanksgiving Holidays) and got everything in order and all of that. My Dr. confirmed at my appt that week, that I am not to go back to work, SO as of 12/1...here I sit....bored out of my mind and can't do anything about it since I can't push, pull, clean or stand any longer than for a shower once a day....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
  • I now get to go to the Dr. 2xs a week and do the non-stress test both times an then do an ultrasound once a week to measure fluid. I actually enjoy the non-stress test, it is neat to get to hear her heartbeat for a half an hour. My appts this week were yesterday and this coming Saturday. So far so good.
  • My Dr. wants to try to get at least one more week on her. Me? I am ready to sleep normally, without turning blue from lack of oxygen and would like to sleep on my stomach again. More than that, I am ready to meet this baby...I have waited long enough...I am making an executive decision and 37 weeks is long enough!
  • Just so I don't end the post with that, here is the finished picture of the smocked dress that I made Rory. I have done 2 more projects since, but thought that since you guys were in on from the beginning of this one, that I would show you the finished product. This is what she is going to have her picture taken in for her hospital photos. It turned out pretty well I think.
  • Well, that is it, I will try to be better about updating. We are taking the laptop to the hospital so hopefully we can post relatively soon after she is born.

5 comments:

Brittni said...

I know you dont want to hear this but keep her baking atleast a week. as miserable as you are, and I can imagine, that week will do her more good than you would think in size.

Sucks being on modified bedrest/no work so early huh? With Brayden it was an entire month before he was born.

The smocked dress looks wonderful..who knows I may recruit you to make Aslynn's Christmas Dress next year :)

Monica said...

Yay for posting!!

I can only imagine how being on bedrest sucks. I'm a horrible patient, hopefully you are a but more pleasant that I would be. WooHoo for 37 weeks. It won't be long & you'll be a Mom!!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry about the bedrest! It stinks that you're home but can't do anything. Sounds like she's going to be here sooner rather than later, huh? Congratulations and good luck when the big day finally gets here...

Candi said...

Sorry about the bedrest! But whatever it takes to keep both you and Rory healthy :) Can't wait till she gets here...not too much longer.

Mandy said...

Oh my goodaness...Cody is so big!! Brittany is too, but I was shocked to see how much he has grown!

Hang in there, and use this time to get all lovey dovey with your camera. I wish I had the time and patience to get familiar with my owners manual!

The dress looks great! You did a super job, and I can't wait to see your other completed items!

Hang in there! She'll be here soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...