Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

1 year ago today.

One year ago today, I went to the Dr. for what had become my bi-weekly blood pressure check and NST (non-stress test) and ultrasoud.  My blood pressure was OK, but still high.  My doctor said that she thought that the benefits of waiting were really not applicable since I was 38 weeks already and asked I wanted to be induced on the 11th.  I, obviously, said  yes!  I remember calling Kevin and meeting him for lunch at the Mexican Restaurant close to our house.  I can remember us talking about this being the last time that we would eat out just the 2 of us.  It is weird, it seems so long ago, but then again, not so long ago as well. 

At my appt on 12/9/08, I was 0cm, not effaced, not thinned out, nothing...I think that my Dr's exact words were "tight as a steel trap."  She gave us very little hope of a regular delivery and I can remember thinking "Whatever, I just want this baby out, I am ready to meet her!"  Little did we know that in just 2 days, all of that would change.  I can't believe that my teeny tiny baby is going to be 1.  It has really been the best year of my life, she is such a gift and I am still amazed that she is ours! 


1 comments:

Meghan said...

They grow up too fast! I look at Steven and think WHOA What Happened? He now sits in the same bandroom we did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...