Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

THE PARTY!

I know, it took me long enough to get these pictures posted right?  Well, better late than never! 
We started out the morning when Rory got up with her first present.  She really couldn't have cared less about the contents, but she thought that the wrapping paper was pretty fun.  Ruby hung around because she thought that there might be food involved. 

Kevin and I got Rory one of those cute little chairs from Pottery Barn.  At first, Rory didn't know what to do with it, she just kind of stood there and stared at it.  Once we turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and sat her in it, she thought it was pretty great!  She has since decided that it is really much better for standing in.  What can I say, she is persistant.
 
I knew from the get-go that I wanted to do a "Some-Bunny" party.  I also knew from the get-go that I wanted cupcakes with green "grass" icing and rabbit picks in the tops.  I couldn't find what I wanted for pics so, 1 online picture of a bunny for a pattern, 3 different scrapbook papers, card stock and a bag of sucker sticks later and...Voila' bunny pics for the bunny party.
 
 
Naturally, Rory had her own cake. Kitty made her cake and it turned out REALLY cute. 
 
I debated back and forth over what she would wear to the party...smocked, not smocked, dress, pants, tutu, no tutu...it was a big decision.  Ultimately, we went for comfort over fashion.  I had picked her up a bunny T-shirt from White Flowers and I already had her tutu and the bunny boots from White Flowers were a gift at her shower, so we threw together this little ensemble and called it a success.
 
"Mom, can I just have my cake now?"  Once everyone got there, Rory got a bit overwhealmed.  After all, we had 32 people there!
 
When Davis and Brock got there, Rory got so excited to see "Bock."  She hugged on him and kept hanging on to his sweater and repeating his name over and over.  Brock and Davis are SO good with her.  Brock is hilarious, he is always telling her to be careful becuse she is "too tiny to play with this toy" or that she is "so small, I have to take care of her."  They are good boys and I am so glad that they love her so much...the feeling is mutual!
 
We really are blessed with such great friends and families!  Everyone that came, packed and bundled up their families and drove in the nasty weather to be at Rory's party.  You guys have no idea how great it made me feel to see all of our great family and friends that love us (and Rory) so much that you guys would make the special effort to be there when it mattered!  Thank you so much!
Candi, Wes and Aubrey.  Aubrey was not impressed with the party festivities...she sure is cute though!
 
Hey Kate! 
 
Colleen and Candi, thank you SO much for travelling 2 hours in the rain, sleet and freezing cold with little ones to come to Rory's party!  I know that it is not easy to get out of the house on a beautiful, sunny, warm day with little ones, let alone the nasty day that it was the day of the party!  It really means so much to me that you guys would make the special effort to come and share Rory's birthday!  You guys really are the greatest. 
 
And now....THE CAKE!  At first, I don't think that Rory realized that it was for eating.  She was all about digging in and making a huge mess, but she eventually figured it out!
 


 
It was EVERYWHERE!  When she started putting it down her pants, I knew that cake time was over.  We made a quick trip to the bathtub and we were good to go again.
 
This is actually later that night, after everyone had gone home.  My Mom and Tim got her a tricycle and at first, she was a bit afraid of it, but by the end of the night (and after watching all the kiddos ride it at the party) she was beginning to get interested in it.  She really likes the little headlight on the front.  She still won't let us sit her on it, but at least she will go near it now.  She straddles the back wheel and bounces up and down like she wants to ride it.  I know that once she figures it out, she will be all over it though, probably by the Spring.
 

Well, that is it for the party...are you guys still with me? 

3 comments:

Candi said...

Great pictures!
We had a great time at the party...you did good :) Of course we were going to be there...we've been friends for 20 years (wow!). I remember all of our birthdays, and I think it's absolutely amazing that now we are celebrating our own kids birthdays!

Colleen said...

We had a great time too. I wouldn't miss it for the world, honestly. Dash had a good time with her toys, too. :)

Katy said...

I am so glad that she had a great birthday! She is truely beautiful and I love her head full of hair. Scarlet was still pretty much bald on her 1st birthday. I love the bunny outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...