Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Catch up!


I have been a horrible blogger, I know.  So here is a quick update on what has been going on and also on Thanksgiving.

This picture pretty much sums up what has been going on and also explains why I have been MIA lately. 

We went to Decatur this year for Thanksgiving and for the 1st time in my life, I was at the adult table.  Every year before, I was just a progressively nicer kids table, you know, the table got bigger, but still all the same people, just older than the year before.  This year kevin and I sat at the adult table, not because we are adults, but because we transported the most important person to the festivities.  Rory was of course seated with the adults and Kevin and I, by default, were too.  She had her own little place setting complete with place card and Sterling Silver Cup and Spoon.  Don't worry, she isn't spoiled or anything!

I was VERY glad that both Mama Sue (my MOther's mother) and PeePaw (Dad's Dad) were able to be there and even more glad that I managed to remember to get a picture of Rory with each of them.  She is a lucky, lucky girl and I can attest to the fact that they  think that she is pretty much the best thing ever.  Not that I disagree!


I am including this one since it is just too cute not to.  Rory was all about walking around and Sarah Grace was more than happy to satisfy her need to roam.  Thanks Sarah!


I had to include a picture of one of "my babies" with my baby.  It doesn't seem that long ago that they were this little.  Now, they are almost 15, wow I can't believe it!

Growing up, I always had a dress for Christmas and of course, Mom always saved them.  I knew that I wanted a dress for Rory for Christmas that was all her own.  I didn't want one, however, that was the traditional red and green since she will also have mine, which is red and green.  Mom mentioned that she had an angel plate that she always wanted to smock for me, and just never did it.  I knew that it would be perfect. Well, the idea blossomed from there and she decided to make her a coat too.  It turned out really well and I couldn't be happier.  Rory looks like such a little angel in it and the coat and hat make her look like a little china doll.



Well, that is all for now.  I am busily preparing for Rory's 1st Birthday.  Uhh, can't believe it has been a year. It has been the best year of my life, we are so blessed to be her parents, so, so blessed!

1 comments:

Katy said...

First of all I totally know what it is like to sit at the kids table and like yours ours has gotten progressively bigger too. What is really sad is that my two are sitting at the table with Michael and I now.

Secondly Rory can't be 1 already you just had your shower. I love the dress and coat, she does look like a china doll. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...