Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

1 year.

Well Rory, I didn't post a post on your birthday because I didn't want to miss a minute of your big day.  I can't believe that it has already been a year.
After you went to bed last night, I went in an prayed over your bed, just like I have done since before you were born.  I thanked God for the gift of you.  I thanked God for every sleepless night, every time I rocked you in the rocker, every time that I put that pacie back in your mouth, every minute of every day.  I told him how much I loved you, how I could never have imagined how wonderful my life would be.  1 year ago, we became a family, and it was the best moment of my life.  In a millisecond I became a different person, I was now Rory's Mommy.  You are magical my sweet girl!  Pure, innocent magic. 
Yesterday, I caught myself watching you.  I could see it in your face, you were so happy.  I hope that you always look for the wonder in the world around you.  Seeing that sweet smile makes my heart leap and dance. The Thursday night before your birthday, I waited for you to fall asleep in your bed and I snuck in your room and scooped you up in my arms.  I sat down in the rocker next to your bed and held you in my arms and rocked you, just like I did the first night that we brought you home.  We sat there and rocked and rocked and rocked.  I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet smell of your hair and kissed your soft baby skin.  I thought to myself that I don't ever want to forget the sweet smell of your hair and the feel of your skin against mine.  I sat there and willed time to slow down, I could have stayed there and rocked you forever, just you and I my precious tiny girl.  You are such a gift my sweet girl, I hope that you know how much your Daddy and I love you.  You truely are a gift. 
We have been given such a huge responsibility in raising you.  I pray Rory Meredith that your Daddy and I can be an adequate example of God's love and mercy.  I pray that God surround you and keep you safe.  I pray that God keep our little family healthy and safe and bless us with many more birthdays with you.  You will always be my sweet tiny girl, my little miracle.  I love you to the moon and back and three bags full. 

Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...