Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

T Minus 6 Days

Ok, so we had both an uneventful, and eventful weekend, depending on your vantage point. Thursday and Friday, I had some type of stomach issue going on.  It was awful, I took a half day off work on Friday and slept while the babysitter entertained Rory. 

Saturday night, 11:30p, Rory is fussing in her crib.  Kevin goes and gets her and brings her to the living room.  I tried to take her from him, she refuses and then proceeds to puke all over Kevin, NOW she wants Mommy, I take her, she pukes all over me.  It was pittiful, she kept crying and saying "I OK, I OK, I be aw-write" "Mommy got-chu." SHe and I 'slept' on the couch the rest of the night ('slept' being a very loose interpretation of what I was doing.)  Yesterday, Rory acted fine, but had a bit of a fever and rash on her tummy.  Thankfully, no more puking.  I think the fever broke last night, but we still have a bit of a rash and her appetitie isn't 100% yet. 

Fear not, potential party goers, our house is disinfected and will be stomach-bug-germ free for the party this weekend.

On a lighter, and funny, note.  On Friday, I was unloading the dishwasher and trying to keep Rory out of the way so I kept asking her where her juice was so that she would go look for it, thereby keeping her away from the dishwasher.  Here is the conversation:

Me: Rory, where is your juice?
R: Let's go find it
Me: Ok, you go look and see
(Rory runs off)

*1 minute later - she is back

Me: Rory, where is your juice?
R: I don't know.
Me: Go find it please.
R: I go find it.
(Rory runs off)

*1 minute later - back again

Me: Rory, where is your juice?
R: (With a look like I am an idiot for even asking)
Mommy, I don't know...you stop talkabout it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...