Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

Rory,

I have taken a day or 2 to really absorb your little self and think about your 2nd birthday. I cannot believe that you are two. You are so very precious to your Daddy and me. I know that I have said it before, but you are such a blessing, more than I can ever express to you in words. The whole day of your birthday, Daddy and I would look at each other and say "at this time two years ago we were....".
I can still remember every detail of that day. I remember that right after you were born, you let out the biggest cry and Daddy and I looked at each other with our eyes as big as saucers. Here you were, all 6 pounds, 1 ounce of you...and you were TICKED! They took you over to clean you off and I told Daddy to go with you. You were not happy with the scrubbing and being messed with. That is until they wrapped your little squirmy body up and took you over to the sink to wash your hair. You immediately got quiet, tilted your head back and completely relaxed and just soaked in a little spa time...we still laugh about that. I remember when they gave you to me, you were whimpering a bit, but you looked up at me and immediately got quiet. Daddy and I just stared at you and loved on you and prayed over you and thanked God for the gift that you were.

Never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined how wonderful our lives had become. In an instant, there you were, and our whole lives had changed. I remember that we had planned to send you to the nursery at nights, so that we could get some sleep. Once you were born though, we just couldn't do it, we kept you with us the whole time, we just wanted to look at you and hear you grunt, even if it meant that we didn't get any sleep.

My precious tiny girl, you are my most impossible dreams come true. I never could have fathomed how rich our life would become with you in it. You, Rory Meredith, made us a family. You never cease to amaze me. I could watch you all day long. You are so sweet and precocious and undeniably smart. I have loved being your Mommy and watching you grow and discover. Recently, you and I have been having little conversations. You are so perceptive and nurturing, even at only 2. You get so upset when you think that someone is unhappy. I don't think that I will ever tire of those chubby little arms around my neck or the little kisses with your sweet little bowed up mouth.

I still find myself sneaking into your bedroom after you have fallen asleep and staring at you. I still find myself praying over your bed and thanking God for every second, of every hour, of every day that he has blessed us with. I still find myself placing my hand on your back and feeling that steady rise and fall of your breath as you slumber. I still find myself scooping your sleeping body out of your crib and cuddling you close to my heart just so that I can look at you. I still find myself whispering in your little ear that I love you and I am so proud to be your Mommy and praying over you. I still find myself sitting on the twin bed in your room and rocking, back and forth...back and forth, and just absorbing my time with you, all snuggled up warm, in my arms. I still find myself, amazed at you.

Again, this year, I looked around at your birthday party and marveled at the number of people who were sitting there celebrating with us. You have such a wonderful group of people around you, and we have such wonderful friends and family. Those people sitting in our house this past Saturday were there, not because they had to be, but because they wanted to be. They all love us; you, Daddy and I; and that is what it is all about my darling girl. Love...and lots of it.

Rory, always know that Daddy and I love you and we will support you in whatever you do. Always know that we will do everything within our power to give you the tools to help you grow, learn and flourish. I can't wait to embark on our 3rd year together...just do me a favor and slow down on this growing thing...Mommy's heart can't take it all so fast!
All my love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...