Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Posted by Lauren at 2:43 PM
Sunday, January 28, 2007
I don't usually fill these out, but what the heck, this one is fun! Fill this out about your YEARS of high school!The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.
- Who was your best friend (s)?I had a few: Candi, Matt, Laura, Karen, Colleen, there were more, I had alot of friends
- What sports did you play? no sports I was a band nerd
- What kind of car did you drive? well, my Dad was of the impression that not having a "new" car was a character builder so, I drove a 1990 Topaz - candy apple primer, burgandy interior, no A/C, electric windows that didn't work most of the time. It was great!
- It's Friday night, where were you? Ogle Stadium, in the Black Bear Band
- Were you a party animal? uh, no, not hardly!
- Were you considered a flirt? Nope
- Ever skip school? Pretended to be sick once or twice, then senior skip day, but that is it!
- Were you a nerd? not a nerd but not the most popular either, happy to float in the middle!
- Did you get suspended/expelled? nope
- Can you sing the fight song? I can hum the tune, but no words! I don't think that we ever learned the words! Notre Dame Fight song
- Who was your favorite teacher (s)? Hmm, probably Mr. Sloan or Ms. Stroh or Mrs. Ozier
- Favorite class? Ms. Stough for Yearbook, it was always fun, and laid back!
- What was your school's full name? Austin High School
- School mascot? Black Bear
- Did you go to Prom? yep
- If you could go back and do it over, would you? Not a chance, too much drama and way too many hormonal teenagers in one location.
- What do you remember most about graduation? it was HOT!!!!! that gym wasn't designed for that many people
- Who was your high school sweetheart? I didn't have one.
- Where were you on senior skip day? If I remember correctly, we went to SOnic, but anything beyond that, I can't tell you.
- Did you have a job your Senior year? not during the year...I worked during the summers at Gold's Gym or the Gift Shop at Decatur General.
- Where did you go most often for lunch? Lunchroom, 4th table from the front, center section, far left side.
- Have you gained weight since then? umm, stupid question...yep
- What did you do after graduation? Went and saw my family, had some people over for movies and went to bed.
- When did you graduate? 1998
- Who was your senior Prom Date? Eric Horton
- Are you going to your 10 year reunion? Probably, As of now, yes.
- Who was your home room teacher? Didn't have home room. My 1st period class was Mr. Nichols and Mr. Sloan my Junior and Senior year, my freshman year was Mrs. Lawrence and I don't remember my sophmore year.
- Who will repost this after you? I dunno!
Posted by Lauren at 6:16 PM
Thursday, January 25, 2007
And here, is proof that the Ruby and Nellie really do like each other. Shhh, don't tell anyone!
Posted by Lauren at 6:30 PM
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I will try to do better. There hasn't been a whole lot going on here lately, just school work and all the normal stuff. My Grandparents (Nonie and Peepaw) stayed at our house on Saturday night (along with my parents). They were flying back from Florida where they spent a month visiting my Uncles. Since they were there for Christmas, we didn't get to exchange gifts with them so we did that on Sunday. It was really great getting to spend time with them, just us. It was sort of reminiscent of when I was younger and would go spend the night with them. I really enjoyed my quality one-on-one time with them. I also submitted my first assignment in Managerial Accounting (despite Nellie's best efforts to use the book as a pillow). So far I don't know my grade yet, but we will see I guess. Now World Economic Development is kicking my rear! I think it is going to be my tough class, the professor is not very organized or helpful for that matter. Kev and I made a KILLER homemade chocolate cake with from scratch icing. He made me take a picture of it to post, but I don't have it with me. I will post it later I guess. Well, the baby wave has begun. Starting this month, I have 1 if not 2 friends with a baby due for the next 6 months. This month James Stephen Forstman was born on 1/3/2007 and Bryce Andrew Lebischak was born on 1/17/2007. So far I haven't seen either one in person, but hopefully soon I can stop by to visit. Bryce has been in the NICU and is getting out today, so that is an answered prayer for sure! Apparently love has been in the air (or whatever you would like to call it) for the past 6 months or so! Let's hope the current didn't float to the Humphrey's. I refuse to get rid of the sports car and there is no way that the Grandparents will let Baby H ride in a 2 seater convertible. (Even though that would be one COOL baby, whatever, I know...safety..blah blah, I get it!) Well that is it, hope your week is going well! I will try to post more regularly. Ciao' PS...Colleen, tell John I am with him! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Lauren at 9:45 AM
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
OK, so the weekend started out slow but ended in a little drama! I started on an antibiotic last Wednesday and by Friday, about 2 hours after I took a dose, I would be dizzy and light headed for about 3 hours and then it would go away. Well, on Sunday, Kev was about to go to work and all of a sudden, I felt like someone was stabbing my in the center of my chest. We debated for a few minutes and then decided to go the hospital. (This was after taking 2 aspirin, "just in case") Well, keep in mind that Kevin was dressed and ready for work (read: in his Police uniform). When we got there everyone was whispering and pointing. It took me a few minutes to realize that everyone in the ER thought that I was a prisoner that Kevin had brought in. It was comical to say the least! Well, they ran an EKG and checked my oxygen level and took a chest X-Ray and everything came back fine. They doctor said that he thinks I was having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. It was still scary! Yesterday, I slept most of the day because I felt like I had run a marathon the day before, I was just exhausted. I am 100 times better today and am very glad that everything is OK!
Posted by Lauren at 7:42 AM
Thursday, January 11, 2007
OK, so I started grad school yesterday and it is kicking my @$$ so far. I am excited though! I hope that once I get back into the "swing" of school, it will be a little better. I feel like I am back in elementary school again! This working full time and going to school full time thing is not going to be easy! It will all pay off in the end! (let's hope that "payment" will be literal as well as figurative!!!!) I went to the bathroom and when I came back, this is what I found. I don't think Nellie is very impressed with Managerial Accounting (my sentiments exactly!)
Cute isn't she? Ok, well, enough procrastination, more productivity. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!
Posted by Lauren at 9:33 PM
Monday, January 8, 2007
Hello all! I don't have anything new to report. I am just updating for the sake of updating really. Kevin has been sick with a pretty bad cold for about a week and so the Humphrey house has been the battleground for the Cold War and more specifically, Operation Yuck Germ. That is about all, I was a laundry warrior this weekend-I did ALOT of laundry, with the holiday madness, I got a little behind. All good now though. Well, that is all really. Hope everyone is doing well! HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!
Posted by Lauren at 11:47 AM
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Posted by Lauren at 1:44 PM