Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Update

Well, last week was a week of VERY mixed emotions. I will start with the good first. It was my Birthday week last week and I had a GREAT birthday thanks to my fan-tabulous hubby! He got me an Ipod Shuffle, which I have been enjoying all weekend. He also got me this cool portable hammock that has speakers in it so that I can plug my Ipod into it and relax to cool music. It is AWESOME! We went to dinner on Friday night with Kev's family at Longhorn. It was delicious and we had a great time (once we actually got to eat, our 15-20 minute wait was actually a 2 hour wait...I was REALLY frustrated to say the least!) Then, Saturday night, we went out with some friends of ours to Stix (one of my favorite restaurants!) I have pictures that I will post at a later date! Now for the not so great. Nonie had her first chemo treatment about a week and a half ago and wow, it has really knocked her back! Well, she was really not handling it well so they took her to the hospital on Monday and they admitted her just to make sure that she stays hydrated and to try to get her back on track. Well, Friday night, they put her in ICU because she has pneumonia. Kevin and I were in Decatur yesterday and we went to go see her and they cancelled visiting hours so we didn't get to go in and see her. Well, I spoke with my Dad this morning and he said that they called them all in at like 1 am and said that she has taken a turn for the worse. Her lungs are filled with fluid and she is really struggling to breathe. They are trying a few alternatives but it looks as if, at some point, they are going to have to put her on a ventilator. Normally, this is just a temporary fix but with her, since her lungs are so bad, she will probably have trouble coming off of it. It is hard for someone with full lung capacity let alone, someone with lungs that are in such bad shape. I think everyone is really struggling with what to do. I am really sad and emotional and am really having trouble. I know that she can pull through, but it is going to be really hard. If you guys think about it, please say a prayer for her and for our family. We know that God is good and we are looking forward to seeing the miracles he has in store for our family. Ciao!

4 comments:

KlancyA said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how you are feeling and I'll be praying for you guys. Cancer SUCKS!! I pray to God that no other member of my family ever becomes ill with cancer. Stay strong the pain will end for both your grandmother and your family.

Anonymous said...

I was really sad to read your post! I got on here hoping to read happy birthday news and saw where Nonie is so very, very sick. I wish I could say everything will be fine in a day or two. I really hope it will be. But I also know that I can't tell the future, and just wanted you to know that I'm praying for Nonie and your family during this scary time.
Joy

Anonymous said...

So sorry to here that! I hope everything turns out ok. I'll be thinking about you guys...

I'm glad you had a good birthday, too. :)

Candi said...

First of all let me say Happy Belated Birthday...I didn't forget but we have no internet right now and with this whole moving thing I am just now getting over to my parents house to borrow theirs. I am glad you had a good birthday. I am really sorry to hear about Nonie...but you are right God is good and it will all work out. I will be praying for your family and that things begin to look brighter. Hope your week goes a little better this week! Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...