Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sad News

Well, I have been avoiding a new post like the plague. Nonie made it through all the stuff last week and actually woke up and spoke on Saturday and Sunday. They moved her to the step down unit on Saturday because she was doing so well. On Sunday they became concerned because she wasn't "out putting" what they thought that she should so they ran some tests and told us yesterday that she was in the stages of Renal failure. My parents, Linda and Peepaw stayed with her last night and she made it through the night. My Mom called me a little while ago and said that at last Nonie was at peace. I am flooded with a mixture of sadness and relief. She put up a good fight and in the end, it was her body that just couldn't hold up anymore. It was so difficult to see her suffer for the past few weeks and I know that she was really suffering. I am glad that all of that is over but I am profoundly sad because there was so much left for her to do. I don't know any of the arrangements yet, but when I do, I will post them. I ask that you keep my family in your prayers. Ciao!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...