Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 on Tuesday

I haven't done a 10 on Tuesday in a while so I thought that I would give it a shot.

  1. It is already August. I can hardly believe it! This summer has gone really fast.
  2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was good. Although it felt like a lot of set up and not a lot of action (except the end), it was good. I guess all the setting up is a necessity since the last book (2 movies) are so involved. I remember the book being the same way.
  3. HPATHBP was a "Date Night" for Kevin and I. We enjoyed dinner and a movie, although we really did miss Rory. We needed to get out just the 2 of us and reconnect...I think that it was good for both of us!
  4. I miss my Dad a lot. For some reason lately it has been really hard for me. I think partially because Rory is getting big and doing all kinds of cute things and it is hard for me to remember that he is not here to enjoy her. It just makes me sad I guess.
  5. The twins start high school this year. They had band camp last week and boy-o-boy talking to them about it brought back memories. It is hard to believe that I went through band camp over 10 years ago...holy cow...really...10 years? It doesn't seem possible.
  6. All this universal health care stuff is making my head spin. I AM for health care reform...I am NOT for government provided health care. I think that we should let the free market system work. Wasn't it basic 8th grade economics that says that competition is the motivating factor for affordability and quality. Better Health care=YES!, Communist Health care=NO!!!!!!
  7. Someone's birthday is coming up at the end of this month. I can't believe that she is going to be 11. I remember like it was yesterday when she was born. The big 1-1....it is all downhill from here Brit! Just kidding...hehe!
  8. Wow, 10 is harder than I thought that it would be!
  9. Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts? Don't read that wrong...I am not ready to decorate or actually do the shopping portion, but I have already started thinking about gifts for people...is that bad?
  10. I forgot my lunch today...bummer. I have a lot of errands to do on my lunch break today so the chances of me having time to pick up something are slim to none. Oh well...it isn't like I am wasting away or anything...I am afford to skip a meal or 2 or 20.

1 comments:

Candi said...

Um no it isn't too early...I have been trying to figure out what to do about gifts this year as well since I will have a less than two month old and am not exactly thrilled about the prospect of taking her out in that sea of madness called the malls and stores!
I saw the band out there last Monday evening when I was leaving Decatur...I remember those days well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...