Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

AWESOME Chicken-n-Dumplins

I saw somewhere that you could use canned biscuits for dumplings in Chicken-n-Dumplings.  I have been fighting a major cold lately and a good batch of C&D sounded perfect, so I tried it last night.  It is AWESOME!  This is by far the easiest and fastest recipe of chicken and dumplings I have ever made and they are REALLY good. Here is my recipe:

1 lb of chicken
1 tbsp of Salt
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 onion chopped. (I bought the prechopped onion in the little container at Pulix...I HATE chopping onion)
1 can of plain canned biscuits
1 box of chicken stock (I don't remember the ounces, but it is not the little can, but the box kind, you know what I mean?)

Boil chicken in water with the salt and then prepare however you prefer.  We like ours cut in small chunks.  Combine the soups, onion and chicken stock in a dutch oven or pot with a lid and bring to a boil.  Once it is boiling, flatten out the biscuts and cut them into strips.  I cut each biscuit into 4 strips and then cut those in half so that my dumplings are short and easier to eat.  Add the dumplings one at a time to the boiling soup.  Don't be alarmed when they puff up and float to the top!  Once they have all been added, reduce to a simmer and cover them.  Let them cook for at least 20 minutes.  The dumplings will get not puffy and become dumpling-ie (not a word...whatever) and it is really delicious.  Let me know if you try it.  I am telling you, REALLY easy, and REALLY good!

1 comments:

Jim and April said...

Hey Lauren, I saw your post on my blog about wanting more info about the skype small group im starting for Grace & strength. Give me your email and ill send you more info! ;0) Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...