Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Why Not?

I saw this on someone else's blog and decided I would participate too. Feel free to repost to your own blog. Ten Years Ago:

  • Lets see, 10 years ago I was a high school senior getting ready to Birmingham-Southern and was dreading my stupid summer job at the hospital. I was sooo excited to go to college and even more excited that I was going to get to be Gina's labor coach for when Brit was born (Still counts as one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of!). 10 years ago, I never could have dreamed that I would be where I am today!
5 things on my to do list today:
  1. Wash some clothes
  2. Write a paper
  3. Take 2 tests
  4. Drive home...blah!
  5. Press my clothes for the rest of the week
I would do if I became a billionaire:
  • Pay off my current Mortgage and buy a new, better, bigger house. Pay off our cars, pay off our student loans, skip straight to IVF instead of this crazy infertility carousel that I am currently on, quit my job to stay home with the litter of babies I would be having from IVF.
5 of my secret bad habits:
  1. Running my car until the low fuel light comes on.
  2. I pick at the dead skin on my feet until they bleed (Yuck, I know)
  3. I count and everything must be even..."chew 5 times on right side, chew 5 times on the left side," "72 reflectors between the big blue house on Hwy 95 and the traffic light," "2 steps in each square on the sidewalk on the way into work." I could go on and on, it is a sickness!
  4. I forget to clean the leftovers out of fridge and they get gross, then I make Kevin dump them out so that I don't puke.
  5. I don't go "tinkle" enough. This is a holdover from school, I didn't want to use the nasty restrooms at school so I guess I trained my body (and bladder) to go at 7:00a, 3:30p and then maybe 2 more times before bed. So not good for your kidneys. Kevin fusses at me!
5 places I have lived
  1. Decatur, Alabama
  2. Birmingham, Alabama
  3. Hoover, Alabama
  4. Vestavia Hills, Alabama
  5. Helena, Alabama
5 jobs I have had
  1. Gift Shop Clerk
  2. Personal Trainer
  3. Marketing Director
  4. Financial Aid Representative
  5. Fraud Investigator
5 things people don't know about me
  1. I can't cross my eyes
  2. I never take my engagement/wedding ring off unless I am cleaning it
  3. I was named after Lauren Bacall and Gene Kelly (is it any wonder that I love to dance and be on stage????)
  4. I HATE sweet potatoes.
  5. I have always wanted to have twins (Preferably GG twins, but OK with BG twins, DO NOT WANT BB twins---like I have a choice, right?)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow, two posts in one day!!

I didn't realize you were having infertility issues, I hope everything works out quickly, I'm sure it must be frustrating...

And that's a lot of good information that I didn't know about you! Thanks for posting!

Candi said...

I share two of your bad habits...I too run till the low fuel light comes on...and I also forget about leftovers and end up with science projects in my fridge.
I also didn't know you had fertility issues going on. I sent you an email but I hope that it all works out...I'm sure it must be frustrating.
Oh and I knew about the Lauren Bacall and Gene Kelly namesake thing :)

Mandy said...

OMG Lauren, I too count things. And not so much that things have to be even, but I count by two's......so i guess things ARE even anyway.
We are so weird!!!

Monica said...

I hear ya Lauren!! I say we quit riding around in circles &jump off this carousel. Oh well, such is life. I may do a repost later.

Lettie said...

Hey Lauren!
This probably comes off as weird and random, but I came across your blog and felt like I should comment about your fertility issues.
Alex and I have infertility, also and we have gone through a lot, but have 2 healthy baby boys to show for it. Email me if you ever need to talk!
It was cool "seeing" you again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...