Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conversations with Rory

Here are few from lately.

On our way home from church 2 Sundays ago
L: Rory, did you have a good time at church?
R: Yes, I did
L: What did you learn in Sunday School?
R: God made pizza
L: He did?  What else?
R: AND CHEESEBURGERS!!!!
---
Same day, at the table, during lunch.
R: Daddy, what is God doing?
K: I don't know, what is God doing Rory?
R: He is outside mowing the grass.
K: (to me) I think that we need to take her to church more she thinks that God is the Pizza man who mows our yard.
---
In discssing her new big girl bed
L: Rory, I love your new big girl bed, are you going to sleep in it tonight?
R: No I am not.  I am too little, I am just a little tiny baby.
L: You are a big girl, in your own big girl bed.  It is going to be so fun!
R: No Mommy, I want the stripes back on my bed. (that would be the slats...aka the other side of the crib).
---
Yesterday at nap time.
L: Rory it is time to take a nap.
R: No, it is not, I am not taking a nap.
L: Yes, you are, let's go get in your bed.
R: (while getting in her bed) I am not tired Mommy, I am just really grumpy.
L: Well, taking a nap will solve that too.
---
L: Rory, lets clean up a little bit, take all your books and put them back on the bookshelf in your room please.
R: (looking at me like I am crazy) Seriously, Mommy that is a lot of books.
---
Yesterday while sitting on the couch watching Sleeping Beauty.
R: Mommy, that is Sleeping Beauty
L: Yes, Rory, it is.
R: Sleeping Beauty is very pretty, like me.
L: Yes, she is very pretty, just like you.  Do you know Sleeping Beauty's name?
R: Yes...I do
L: Well, what is it?
R: A-Rory, see just like me, we are the same
---
Overheard while I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher.
R: Nellie, come here
(few seconds later, more loudly)
R: Nellie, come here...just be still...this won't hurt a bit.
(I knew this might not be good...I inch to the edge of the kitchen to look around the corner - Nellie is sitting looking at Rory and Rory has the handle to her broom in her hand)
Rory bops Nellie on the head
R: Abra Dabra-you are Nellie the frog.
(perplexed look)
R: Nellie you are a funny looking frog...lets try Ruby...
---
Last weeks lesson at church was on Noah.  She came home with the little worksheet that they had done on Noah...complete with illustrations showing Noah with a full white beard and robes.
L: Rory, who is this on your worksheet from church?
R: That is Ga-Noah-e-o, he rode in a boat
(Clearly, she is confusing the pronunciation of Noah with Gnomeo from Gnomeo and Juliet)
L: That is Noah, God told him to build an ark.  Do you remember who else was on the ark with Noah?
R: ....(thinking)....Mommy and Daddy aminals and his wife Juliet.
L: Rory, I don't think his wife's name was Juliet, wrong story.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...