Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bad News

Well, we found out that the spot on Nonie's lung is cancer. It is the same type that she had back in 2002. I guess that is a mixed blessing, on one hand, we know it is treatable and that she responds to the treatment...but on the other hand, it is devastating that it came back. This June would have been the 5 year mark, which is considered the "magic" number. They say that statistically, if it hasn't returned in 5 years, it won't ever return. As you can imagine, this is a pretty big blow to our family. Since my Dad's brothers both live in Florida and his sister is "not available" all the time, all of the running around and care of both Nonie and Peepaw (who is now blind) will fall to him. Please just keep our family in your prayers and pray for healing. Thanks!

2 comments:

Trice said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I wish her a swift recovery, and I hope that everything goes well as she begins her cancer treatments.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks! I'll be thinking about you guys and hoping for a speedy recovery...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...