No pic, sorry!
1. It is almost February...the month of 465 birthdays. Kevin is turning 30, enough said.
2. Rory doesn't like Broccoli, I think that it is the texture
3. We are going through the stage where Rory pushes us to see just how far she can push it before we push back. We are winning....most of the time.
4. The other night I told Rory to be still so that I could wipe her hiney and she said in an extrememly perky voice "Hi Niney!" It was pretty funny.
5. Is it Friday yet?
6. I am reading the book "The Help" It is pretty good...I definately recommend it.
7. We have NOTHING planned for this weekend...YAY!
8. I made braised short ribs, mashed potatoes and baked beans for dinner on Monday and they were GOOOD!
9. I made Chicken Divan for dinner last night and brought left overs for lunch today. One of my favorites.
10. Have I mentioned that I am ready for Friday yet? I have? Well I would like to repeat for dramatic effect...Is it Friday yet?
Thursday, January 28, 2010
No pic, sorry!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
It has been a while, I just thought that I would do a quick post and throw in a quick picture.
ADDED: A short cute story to go with this picture. Yesterday morning Rory woke up at 4:30am and so in an effort to squeeze a bit more sleep in for all 3 of us, Kevin went and got her and put her in the bed between us. She drifted back to sleep for about a half an hour and then she was awake. She started going through her vocabulary, as is usual when she first wakes up. We were all still laying in the bed, in the dark, and Kev and I were just listening to her jabber on and occassionally interjecting answers or comments to appropriate verbalizations. All of a sudden we hear this:
R: (Patting my arm) "Mommy"
2 second pause
R: (Patting Kevin's arm) "Daddy"
2 second silence
R: (Patting herself on the tummy) "Baby"
It was absolutetly the cutest thing and it was all that Kevin and I could do not to squish her! Well, that is it...Ciao!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I haven't done a Ten on Tuesday in a while, so I thought that I would give it a go.
- Rory is 13 months old today...enough said
- We (Rory and I) will be in Decatur this weekend and would love to see anyone that is available.
- Kevin and I both turn 30 this year...Kevin in LESS THAN A MONTH!
- It is cold...I know, you are thinking..."Duh, it is January Lauren" but really, we haven't had a cold snap this prolonged in...well, I can't remember.
- I am having trouble coming up with 10.
- I am all caught up on laundry. That is an accomplishment considering, including uniforms, we go through at least 7-9 clothing changes between the 3 of us in 1 day, on a good day.
- Rory is on whole milk and we have switched her to Horizon Organic with DHA. She likes it better than regular whole milk. We tried giving her just regular whole milk and she won't drink it.
- Rory is going to be in a wedding in June. My cousin Emily is getting married.
- Speaking of weddings, we have 5 to go to this year, including 2 way out of town. 1 in Houston in April, 1 in either DC or New Orleans in the fall. We are taking the baby sitter with us to Houston for sure.
- Sarah and Victoria will be 15 in just over a month. I think I am going to be sick.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Rory has a baby book, I have done well with filling it out with major milestones, but I can't seem to remember to grab it to make a list of her words so far. So, as another form of our family's record...I am going to put it here, while I am thinking about it.
- Neh-Nee (Nellie)
- Bee (Ruby)
- Mo (More)
- Baf (Bath)
- Umm-Umm (as in No)
- Gog (dog)
- Guck (duck)
- Gook (Book)
- Fweet (Sweet)
- Bishes (britches)
- Boop (poop)
- Tee Tee
- Bad Gog (Bad Dog)
- Shees (Cheese)
- Ba-dul (Bottle)
- Shoosh (juice)
- Mow (Meow)
- Gack Gack (Quack Quack)
- Bock (Brock, our nephew)
- Dit Down (Sit down or get down depending on the context)
- Milp (Milk)
- Beah (Bear)
- Nanna (Savannah-the baby sitter)
- Hey Dere (hey there)
- Gi Upah (Get up)
- Nie Nite (Night Night)
- Ahh Dun (All Done)
- Mowse (Mickey Mouse)
- Dah Gog (Hot Dog - not the food, a dance on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
- Ho Ho (Santa)
- Dat (that)
- One, Que, Fee, Fo, Pibe, Sih, Seh, Aye, Ni, Ken (1-10 she can same them all but sometimes she misses one or two or says them out of order - she likes to forget 4 and 8)
- Fuff (Puff)
- Ruff Ruff
- Aww (usually followed by 'Fweet')
- Shuu Wee
- Gee (Tim)
- Nanny (Lovie - we are working on making this sound like Lovie...Rory keeps insisting it is Nanny though...sorry Mom!)
- Tidee (Kitty)
- Bye Bye
- Uhh Ohh
- Oh No
- Mummo (Yummo)
- Lish-us (Delicious)
- Tank You (Thank You)
- Ree (Rory)
- Mope (Remote)
- Bess You (Bless You, she says it after she sneezes)
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
I got a Flip HD from Kevin and a new crockpot. Kevin got a new coat and a watch and my Mom and Tim got us 4 place settings of "Chirp" china. We had a GREAT Christmas.
OK, I promise, more posts coming.