Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Check out THIS link for a preview of the pictures that Erin took of Rory this weekend! Oh my gosh, we had SO much fun! Here is one, just because no one should have to wait to see the cuteness that is Miss. Bee!
OK, I lied...make that 2.....
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
It has been a while, so I figured that I would do a 10 on Tuesday...or at least attempt to.
- I am tired of rain. I know, 'April showers bring May flowers' but it doesn't do much for my mood (or attitude). Why not some nice, spring weather (and climate). I would enjoy some good walks before it feels like I am walking on the sun.
- Rory has her portraits this weekend with the fabulous Erin. I can't wait!
- Kevin just started new off days. For the next 6 months he will have Monday Tuesday off. It has it's perks. We are keeping our wonderful babysitter Tuesday through Friday from 2-5 and Kevin will use Tuesday to do things that he can't do with Rory in tow. You know, stuff like mow the yard (ours and his parents).
- We are going to eat at this great Italian restaurant tonight with some friends of ours. It is called Joe's Italian and it is REAL Italian food...as in off the boat Italian. It reminds me of Nonie's food. Man...I didn't realize how much I missed my good Italian until we ate there the other week.
- We got a new car. It is a Ford Flex. We LOVE it. We traded the Explorer and got this instead. It is AWESOME! It has all the bells and whistles and it gets really good gas mileage for an SUV. I will take pictures when the weather is nice enough (see #1).
- Yes, I still have the Sky. I refuse to let her abdicate the garage...I may be a Mommy now, but I am still cool...at least that is what I keep repeating to myself in my tired stupor.
- Ok, I am racing towards my 29th birthday...whew the 20s sure are going fast!
- The oldest D*uggar kid and his wife are preggers. I am all about letting God lead you in your decisions in marriage, but I think that their philosophy on children (the same as the elder D*uggars) is a bit much. I know that God said to go forth and multiply but he also gives multiple examples of why he gave us a brain to think (and count...budget...reason). I don't know how healthy it is to have 18 kiddos (and still want more). It can't be good for a woman's body to have that many. I dunno...just doesn't seem healthy to me. From a mental or physical perspective. I get not wanting to take the pill because it can cause you to miscarry before you know that you are preggers, but there are OTHER forms of control if you know what I mean. Just my opinion...$.02...not worth much I guess.
- Happy Bday Colleen...I think that I am a tad early, but I didn't want to forget to tell you!
- I will get snapshots from Easter put up some time this week. My teeny tiny baby is getting big. She has discovered a new cry this week. We affectionately call her the "ghost." It is really more of a shrieking squeal than a cry. She only does it if she is not getting her way. Yeah, already!
10 sure is a lot.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
This weekend while we were at Mom and Tim's Rory fell asleep on my bed while I was getting ready. I couldn't resist the urge to tuck her in all snuggly warm. She looks so tiny in that big ole bed. It's like "Where's Waldo?" only a lot cuter! The rest are some snapshots of the christening. I don't have all the photos yet, I still have to get copies of the ones on Mom and Tim's camera and Kev's parents.
Friday, April 3, 2009
- This Sunday, April 5, Miss. Bee will be Christened at my Mom's church. I am really fairly excited! We are having a luncheon-type get together afterwards at Mom and Tim's house (which is currently for sale...any buyers ;) ). The pastor that is going to christen her is the same pastor who did my Dad's funeral service, did Tim's wife's funeral service and who also performed the ceremony when Mom and Tim got married. I guess you can say that things have come full circle! I have to say that I am a bit sad that I won't be able to look over and see my Dad sitting there in the pew, but I know that he is going to be there anyway-even if I can't see him with my eyes.
- It does give me quite a bit of comfort knowing that Rory will always have someone looking over her and watching over her. We are so blessed, us Humphrey girls (and Kevin too!). We have my Dad watching over us and we are also blessed to have Tim who I really don't think could love either Rory or I any more than he already does.
- It is a strange phenomenon, this whole step-parent thing. I know that in some situations, "steps" can be kind of a sticky situation. Not in our family . I can not express or explain how relieved that I am that my Mom has someone who loves her like she deserves to be loved. I know without a doubt that my Dad would have wanted her to feel full again. I know that no one can ever replace my Dad, and my Mom I am sure would be the first to tell you that, but it is such a humble feeling to know that through such tragedy of the death of two spouses that He has brought them together. Now Tim has something that I am sure, he never dreamt that he would have, a sweet little grand baby (and her nutty Mommy...hey we are a package deal here folks!) and Rory has both a Grandfather on earth and a Grandfather in heaven and the benefit of my Dad's family AND Tim's family to envelope her in love as she grows up. Seriously, how blessed are we...really? I don't know if Tim knew quite what he was getting in Kevin and I (and by that I mean ME...lets face it I am a handful...I don't deny it!) when he married my Mom. We however, got a true treasure. Yep, we are lucky, lucky girls. I just pray that Kevin, Rory and I are as big a blessing to him (and my Mom) as he is to us. I can never thank God enough for what He has given us, for what He has given my Mom...at a time when we felt like our little cups were going to run dry...here comes Tim, and now...well frankly...our cup runneth over, truly...all over the floor and out the door.
- I will post pics of the Christening when I have a chance next week, and then after that...we are having her portraits made soon after by THIS fantastic photographer...I am SO excited!