More details coming soon, but Rory's 1st Christmas was great, but the day after, not so much. Half of the family, including 2 of the 4 adults at our house at the time, came down with the stomach flu. Not fun at all with a 14 day old baby...yeah, no stress. More details later, Miss Priss is fussing! Here is a pic to hold you over!!!!!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Posted by Lauren at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Rory had her pediatrician appt today. She is doing well. She weighs 5 lbs and 13 oz and is doing just perfect. We are really enjoying her, even from 1am to 4am when she is up screaming because of gas.
Posted by Lauren at 6:43 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Here are some more pictures of Rory. She is changing so much every day, but is such a good baby. This is at the hospital before she had her picture made. PS: she is ADDICTED to the pacifier. Hey, it was either give her the pacifier or she was going to suck her thumb, I'd rather her have a pacifier. These 2 are clearly taken with each other. It takes my breath away to watch the two of them together. I had to include this picture of her little legs and feet.Brock and Davis were SO excited to see and hold her. These 3 are going to get into a lot of messes together. They are such cute boys! Well, that is it for today. We got home yesterday at about 9:30a and all 3 Humphreys spent the rest of the day relaxing and settling in. I will disclose more about her actual delivery later...I have to go...Queen Bee needs to be fed. Thanks guys and I can't wait for you guys to meet her! If you are in the area, give us a call, we would love to see you!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Here are 2 pics of Rory. We are having trouble connecting to the internet here from the hospital, but maybe these will tie you over until we can get home and get some better pics up. She looks completely different already. I haven't gotten any pics of her today, but rest assured, they are coming! Thank you EVERYONE for the well wishes and prayers, we are so blessed and in complete awe that we were chosen as her parents. Our cup runneth over!
Friday, December 12, 2008
First of all thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We had little Rory at 2:31pm and she weighted in at 6 lb 1 oz and was 2oin. We will post pictures very soon. Lauren and Rory are both doing well, we will hopefully get to leave the hospital on Sunday. Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 7:06 PM
I wanted to let everyone know we are doing good. It is just past 1am on the 12th and Lauren's water has already broken. She is progressing very well in the delivery. She is doing a great job and being very brave and strong. Please keep us still in your prayers and I will keep you guys updated as best I can. We are in Room #323 at St. Vincents. Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 1:04 AM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
FYI: We have to be at the hospital at 8pm on Thursday 12-11 to be induced. Ms. Bee should be making her grand entrance sometime on Friday. I will update as I have updates. Your prayers are appreciated!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
OK, so we will be covering a few topics in this post...since I am such a slacker in blogging lately. First of all, no baby yet....so keep waiting for that post.
- Baby shower.
- The baby shower was SO much fun. It was SO great to get to see everyone! My aunt Kitty (who is an artist) painted Rory the "Princess and the Pea" and it is awesome. Instead of painting it on a canvas, she took an old quilt and painted it on that. It is AMAZING! and looks great in the nursery.
- Also, Tim (Mom's Hubby) had this piece of art in his house that I just loved and I made a comment one day about it being a Rory Rabbit. Well, he gave it to her as a shower present. It is so cute! There is now also a mirror that completes this grouping over the changing table but I had already taken the pic and didn't have the energy to go back and re shoot it again.
- Of course, a pic with Gina and the kiddos was in order as well. They are so grown up and I miss them like crazy cakes!
- When I got everything back to Birmingham, I laid it all out on the dining room table so that Kevin could see it all before I put it all away. Here are 3 pics of what she got. She is one blessed little girl. She got A LOT of good stuff!
- OK, lets back up a bit. The week before Thanksgiving, I went in on my regularly scheduled appt with the suspicion that I had another UTI/Kidney infection. I was right...so another round of antibiotics and D@rvoset and I was on the mend, after being out for 3.5 days of work. Well, while I am there, they do the blood pressure thing and tell me that my blood pressure was higher than it usually is, so they wanted me on bedrest through the end of the week, and probably until she gets here....great...3 weeks earlier than I was anticipating.
- I went to work Monday through Wednesday of last week (Thursday and Friday were the Thanksgiving Holidays) and got everything in order and all of that. My Dr. confirmed at my appt that week, that I am not to go back to work, SO as of 12/1...here I sit....bored out of my mind and can't do anything about it since I can't push, pull, clean or stand any longer than for a shower once a day....GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
- I now get to go to the Dr. 2xs a week and do the non-stress test both times an then do an ultrasound once a week to measure fluid. I actually enjoy the non-stress test, it is neat to get to hear her heartbeat for a half an hour. My appts this week were yesterday and this coming Saturday. So far so good.
- My Dr. wants to try to get at least one more week on her. Me? I am ready to sleep normally, without turning blue from lack of oxygen and would like to sleep on my stomach again. More than that, I am ready to meet this baby...I have waited long enough...I am making an executive decision and 37 weeks is long enough!
- Just so I don't end the post with that, here is the finished picture of the smocked dress that I made Rory. I have done 2 more projects since, but thought that since you guys were in on from the beginning of this one, that I would show you the finished product. This is what she is going to have her picture taken in for her hospital photos. It turned out pretty well I think.
- Well, that is it, I will try to be better about updating. We are taking the laptop to the hospital so hopefully we can post relatively soon after she is born.
Monster post coming soon, hopefully today!
Posted by Lauren at 9:49 AM