- No pics again today...but soon!
- We got Rory's carseat this weekend, now we just need a sweet baby to fill it!
- Her mattress came in yesterday...thank you PeePaw! (Rory thanks you too!)
- Her bedding came in yesterday. Mom and Tim are bringing it down today...I CAN'T WAIT to get it all in the crib!
- If Rory is born 4 weeks early, like I was, I only have 4 weeks or 28 days left...AHHHH, scary!
- Kevin is off on Saturday and we are doing the hospital tour. That is exciting!
- Next weekend is my Decatur shower...I CAN'T WAIT to see all my Decatur friends! Yay!!!!!
- Can you believe that it is almost November already? Wow, this year has flown by!
- Smocking class is going really well. I will have to take a pic of my progress so far. I am not TOO bad but lets just hope that Rory is cute enough that people look at her cute face, and not the smocking on her dress.
- I LOVE the cold weather...I like winter clothes, easier for a "fluffy" girl to hide the chub! Hehehe!
- This is an extra one! Thanks Colleen and Candi for the shout outs on your blogs today!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- I know that I haven't posted anything since last week, I am a bad blogger! I have a post in my head, all written up, but I don't want to post it until I can get my pictures off my camera from the baby shower. We had a GREAT time and the cake turned out great (Despite Mom, Kitty and I and our antics while making it!). Mom and Kitty came down on Friday and stayed through Sunday. We had a great time together!
- Rory got a lot of good stuff at the shower and Mom and I got her curtains made. They are REALLY cute! Her nursery is really coming together. Kitty is doing a painting to go over her changing table, I can't wait to see it! Once the nursery is all done, I will post pictures, but it might be a few more weeks!
- Rory got a lot of clothing and books at the shower! We haven't gotten her car seat, stroller, pack-n-play, infant monitors or any of the other big stuff yet, but hopefully soon. Right now, she will be dressed beautifully to come home, but with no car seat...we will have to leave her (Yeah, Right!). HEHEHE! I think that we are going to buy her car seat next week....that is the plan as of now.
- I am taking a Smocking class and last night was my first class. We had to pick out projects. I picked a day gown (in a pretty french blue) and it will be smocked in white and pink. I will keep you updated with my progress!
- This is a really random post, but whatever, at least you are up to speed. I will work on getting some pics together for you guys!
- 31 weeks today, wow...just wow!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
That is what we have. Empress Fussy Britches. Rory did not want to move her hands from in front of her face. SHe spent the majority of 20 minutes with at least one hand in front of her face and the other over her head and her right leg straight up with her foot next to her head. I took pics of 2 of the pics, but it is hard to take pics of wavy paper...here are 2 of what we did get. I know that we are biased, but we think that she is pretty cute! Look at that cute little mouth and that cute little nose...she's a keeper! Ok, so what do you think? PS: Yes, we did confirm, in 4D, that she is a SHE!
Ok, so here is where I confess some of my crazy pregnantness (new word). I all of a sudden have this irrational fear that when I go for the 4D ultrasound today that Rory is actually a boy, they made a mistake. I know that it is rare but does happen (Brittni) but please GOD, let this baby still be a girl...if not, I shudder to think about the amount of cash that I will have flushed down the ole potty! So, humor your crazy preggers friend and say a little prayer that there isn't any extra "junk" hanging around. Thanks....
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- Kevin and I went to Homestead Hollow on Sunday. We got a really cute lady bug painting thingie with Rory's name on it. Super cute!
- Mom and Tim's cocktail party celebrating their wedding was Saturday night. It was a lot of fun, but I am STILL tired from it.
- Mandy's littlest, Maci, had her birthday party on Saturday...she is so dang cute...must get it from her Mommy!
- What I wouldn't pay to be able to sleep on my stomach again!
- How come oil per barrell is at the lowest it has been in who knows how long, and gas is STILL crazy high...that is when you can find it!
- The difficulty in finding premium gas has really put a cramp in me being able to drive the Sky. What do I have to say about that....poopie drawers...that is what I think!
- Mom has already smocked Rory 2 day gowns and is working on a 3rd. Ok, the kiddo has TONS of clothes, seriously...TONS!
- testing my blood sugar 4xs a day sucks....enough said!
- 7 days until the 4D ultrasound...can't wait!
- We don't have any plans this weekend but next weekend is the Birmingham baby shower and the Decatur shower is November 8th...Yay for baby showers! (PS: All you Decaturins, your invites should be arriving in the mail for the 11/8 shower any day now...can't wait to see you all!)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I just thought I would write you a little note. I love you and miss you, I hope you are having a good day. I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything you do and have to go through with this pregnancy. Changing the subject, Homestead Hollow fall festival is this weekend, let me know if you want to go. Later babe, Kevin
Posted by Lauren at 11:29 AM
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Well today I am officially in the 3rd trimester. This is it, the last phase before she gets here. Wow, hard to believe! As a precautionary measure, my doctor is having me monitor my blood sugar...4 times a day....with a blood sugar monitor. So far I haven't had any crazy readings, so I doubt that I have GD. I hope that when I go in on the 14th that I won't have to monitor any more. My hands are getting super sore!!!!!