I thought that I would post some pictures of the progress in Miss B's room. It is by NO means finished, but I just thought that I would give you a peak of how it is coming together so far. I don't have the curtains up yet so it was a bit bright which made it hard to take pics with a point and click, but whatever, you get the idea. We are going to repaint the rocker I think, the "soft ballet pink" turned a little bright to say the least. I also haven't put anything on the walls, which I am going to do as soon as the bedding comes in and the things in the room get a more definate placement. These are some of the things that I have gotten for her. Apparently the unofficial theme for her room is Rabbits, not on purpose, I just keep finding things that I like for her room and a lot of it happens to have bunnies on it. The print in the left hand corner I got off of etsy, it is SUPER cute. I have a TON of stuff to get framed. That is it, have a great weekend and I will see you guys on Monday!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I refused to pay 9.99 per letter for letters to put on Rory's wall, so off to H_bby Lobby I went and bought these ugly little wooden letters. 14 coats of paint later and they are ALMOST done. I still have a few touch ups to do, but they are coming along nicely. Excuse the messy table and wax paper...craft time can get messy....at least when I am participating!
Posted by Lauren at 8:31 PM
- So I wrote last week that they messed up my Glucose test and I had to go back and retest. I went in and the result came back as borderline, as in .4 over the acceptable range. So they wanted me to come back in for the 1/2 day test. L@bcorp has a history of messing up my tests (as in this is the 3rd one...since I have been pregnant that I have had to redo because of their goofs) and so I asked if since I am predisposed to Gest. Diabetes (because of PCOS) if we can just assume that I do have it and treat it accordingly. My doctor said that was fine with her (even though she doesn't think that I really do have GD), the nutritionist checked off on it and I had to go in on Tuesday for a "class" on how to deal with it. No big deal right? WRONG! My Drs office, if you are diagnosed with it, they make you monitor your blood sugar 4 times a day with a blood sugar monitor. Pain in the @$$. So far I am on day 3 and I haven't had 1 single reading that is out of line. I think that if I go a whole month with normal readings, I am going to start testing once a day and if those #s are crazy, I will go back to 4 times a day. Blahh!
- On a lighter note, I am 90 days away from my due date. 90 days....90 days....like for real. That is less than 3 months until my due date. (Please God let her come a few weeks, like 2-3, early). Holy cow, my "To Do" list is endless: her nursery isn't done, our house is a wreck, 2 baby showers to go to, complete the Maternity Leave paperwork, get Kevin's insurance stuff prepared for her and I, get my insurance ready for me not to be on it, get the carpets cleaned in the nursery, finalize a pediatrician, and...and...and!!!!!
- Our 4 D ultrasound is 10/14. I am SO pumped about it! I think that Kevin is a well! I want to see that little face and those ever moving hands and feet.
- Mom sold her house, closes tomorrow...I went home last weekend to get some stuff and on the way back....LOST IT!!!! Seriously....driving on 65S sobbing...just more than I could handle at that point. Every semblance of getting to "go home" to Decatur is gone. It isn't just the house, I mean, going home really is more of a combination of a lot of things, MY house, MY parents, MY stuff, MY life...Well now I don't have MY house and I only have one of MY parents left. Nothing is the same! My room at Tim and Mom's doesn't have my stuff in it, I don't have childhood memories there, it is just a room where Kevin and I will sleep...I have nothing left of "home." Now I am just a guest in my Mother's house...it is really difficult, a lot more so than I thought that it would be! Not that I am in to material things...don't read it that way, it is just that sometimes I have trouble handling all the changes that have happened in the past year all at the same time. Sometimes it is slightly over whelming. Slightly being a slight understatement.
Anyways, that it what is going on in our life....we really are blessed, even if I get frustrated some times!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Well, we are officially in the double digits now. WOW! I can't believe it! I had my 26 week check up today and the Bee seemed to be doing well. I am measuring right on target and they said that her heart rate sounded good. I did the glucose testing today as well. Yuck, nastiness! Anyway, not a lot going on, we are just chugging along each day. Rory moves off and on throughout the day but other than that...it is mostly uneventful. (not that I am complaining) I will try to dig up some pics in the next few days to post that way there is something to look at besides just boring words. Anyway, hope all is well! Ciao!
- UPDATE 1: The lab screwed up my Glucose test, I get to do it AGAIN tomorrow! UGHHHH!!!!!!
- UPDATE 2: I am not doing belly shots, I just can't bring myself to flaunt the flubber. I was not skinny before I got preggers and now, well I just look chunky. I will do one right before she is born (probably) but other than that, you will have to use your imagination!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Well, I posted the pic of Rory's bedding, but while I was at Market this weekend with Mom, I found some that I liked better, so I went ahead and ordered it and it should be here in no more than 6 weeks. I don't have a picture of it, but it is similar to what I posted earlier, except that the colors are reversed, it is pale pink Pique with white embroidery. Very girly, very feminine, very Lauren. Now if Kev will just pick out her mobile, we are all set!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
If your blog is linked over there ------------------> Please email me with your address. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks! Ciao! Lauren
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I don't know that I will have 10, but it is worth a try.
- We got the nursery all painted and the furniture is in there. It is KILLING me not having the mattress and the bedding and all of that jazz in there too. It still has a long way to go, but hopefully it will be finished soon.
- I am going to Atlanta this weekend with Mom. We are spending the night and I am coming back on Sunday. I am pretty excited to be getting away.
- My Mom's house was broken into about a week and a half ago. They caught the lady on Friday and recovered all of our stuff. There is a small article in the Decatur Daily about it today. She took random stuff like towels, Mom's bathmat, my Rothschild coat from when I was 2, a dress my Great Grandmother made, the paper towel holder from the kitchen, the toilet paper stands from the bathrooms, the TV remotes and a bunch of other random things. When they found her, she had all the stolen items neatly put away in her house. Weirder!
- Today is my Dad's birthday, Happy Birthday Daddy...I sure do miss you!
- Roll Tide...keep it up!
- I want to go to the beach...for like a month....yeah, that isn't going to happen!
- Because I am going to be A-town this weekend, I am going to miss Emma-Lou's birthday party...so sorry Louise!!!!!!
- I think Miss Bee is banging on my Sciatic (sp???) nerve. I have a shooting pain down my left leg and my tail bone feels like it is broken in half...not fun!
- Did you guys know that Sunday was Grandparent's Day? We sure didn't and boy are we in the dog house on that one! I didn't even know there was such a thing.
- I don't have a #10...sorry! Have a great Tuesday everyone!